Gathering Of The Kings

The meeting was being held at a castle that belonged to the first King of Albion. Long abandoned and basically in ruins but the center chamber remained intact. The remnants of the stone throne at the top of a dais, reminds every leader there of what would happen if they lost peace.

Servants had come days before to clear up the space, putting the round table in place. A different throne for each of the Kings and Queens.

There would be no armies allowed, only a small squad of guards were allowed.

The steward banged his staff on the ground twice,"Presenting, Guinevere Pendragon, Queen of Camelot."

The double doors opened and Gwen stepped into the room, wearing a red dress, her crown standing tall. At her sides were two knights.

She had gone through what she should do many times with her advisors. Be the leader of the conversation, not a participant. Try not to partake in personal conversation, that might lead them to exploiting a weakness.

"Your majesty," Someone said, she turned to find the King she despised most of all, King Odin.

Years ago, Arthur had killed Odin's son, a young boy who had stupidly challenged him and lost. Though the terms were fair, Arthur still regretted it. And Odin had tried to assassinate Arthur many times, only to succeed in killing Uther.

They had maintained a difficult peace, too much blood was drawn on both sides. Camelot still did not engage in trade with them. They weren't quite that peaceful yet.

"Odin," Gwen greeted, extending a hand, palm down,"It's been many years..."

He took her hand, giving a small tilt of a head. The closest to a bow he dared come to.

"I hope you have been well. I know how the pain of losing a loved one feels. Even after years," Gwen could sense the venom behind the words. It filled her with rage and it took an effort not to slap him.

She managed to control herself, her lips twisted into a smile. one that Odin definitely knew was fake,"Thank you for your concern. It has been getting easier."

She told the truth about the last part, at one point it had felt like she couldn't breathe without Arthur. But now they had come more easily, there would always be hard days ahead. That she knew for a fact.

The time had come, they all started to seat themselves. But where was—

The steward banged his staff, reading from a card he was given,"Presenting, Prince Stiles of the Americas."

The doors opened and there he was, wearing his armor but wearing a navy blue instead of Camelot red.

There were several whispers as Stiles walked in, flanked by two of Camelot's knights disguised.

"What is this?" An older King demanded, not of the Five Kingdoms of this land, but more south in a desert land,"Who are you?"

"Was my introduction not enough?" Stiles said, his accent unlike anything any of them had ever heard,"I am Prince Stiles of the Americas. A land from far across the great sea."

The only true lie about that was the Prince part.

"Why have we never heard of you? Or this America?" He demanded.

"We only recently found our way here," Stiles said,"My ancestors come from here. They left almost five hundred years ago in search of new land. Now we've returned. We are part of this Gathering just as much as you are."

"You are a stranger...how do you expect us to trust you?" Queen Annis asked.

Stiles looked at her,"If I wanted to take your kingdom, I would have. If it will make you more comfortable I can send my guards away along with my weapon."