Eight

Brooklyn's POV

Not even five minutes after Ben left, I let out a scream as the front door flew off its hinges, splinters flying everywhere.

In the doorway was Jax. His eyes were pitch black and he looked like he was about to murder someone.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did murder someone.

My breathing and heart rate increased drastically as fear set in.

"WHAT DID HE DO?!" Jax yelled, looking directly at me. Somehow, I knew he was talking about Ben.

My eyes widened with utter terror. "I-Nothing! Nothing h-happened!" I stuttered, shrinking back against the edge of the island.

Jax let out a feral snarl, stalking closer. I quickly darted around the island, putting it between us, but he literally hurdled it like someone at Track practice.

"J-Jax-" I started to whimper, seriously fearing for my life, and let out a scream as Jax punched the wall directly beside my head. His fist went through the wall but when he pulled it back it wasn't even bleeding.

I shrank away from him, shaking in terror as he follow me until I was trapped in a corner. I could hear his ragged, angry breathing and just barely feel it when he exhaled.

"P-Please.." I whimpered, wrapping my arms around myself in terror. 

Jax clenched his fist, letting out a deep growl. "Why. Do. You. Smell. Like. HIM?!" He yelled, his volume increasing with each word until he was screaming in my face.

"I-I tripped-" 

Another snarl cut me off, and Jax stalked away from me. I could finally breath slightly better - until he threw a chair at the wall, not five feet from me.

I quickly went back around the island, the opposite way from Jax, and tried to make a run for it.

I didn't get far before a vase broke in front of me, a sharp shard of it flying straight at my eye. I screamed and ducked. I felt vase piece embed itself in my forehead, just slightly above my eyebrow.

I cried out in pain as blood immediately started leaking from the wound, dripping down my eyebrow and making it difficult to see out of my left eye.

One thought rolled around in my head: he almost blinded me.

I whimpered in pain but didn't move, too scared that Jax would throw something else that would actually kill me this time.

I heard an absence of crashing and shattering objects, so I hoped and prayed that Jax had left.

I sensed his presence behind me and flinched, spinning around to halfway see him while I cupped my injury carefully, making sure to not touch the glass imbedded in my skin.

Jax's eyes were back to normal but filled with guilt. He slowly stepped forward and I shrank back, way more terrified of him than the first time we met, both in his human and wolf form.

"You-you almost blinded me." I choked out, only now realizing that tears were flowing freely from both of my eyes.

Jax stepped forward again and I took multiple steps back, trying to widen the space between us. "D-Don't." I whimpered, hoping to escape to my room...or literally anywhere, as long as Jax wasn't there.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered, anguish, panic, and guilt fighting for dominance in his eyes.

My bottom lip quivered as I struggled to not let out a sob. The physical pain, I could deal with, but the terror and adrenaline fading and terror and hurt and pain combined was too much.