33 //

"You should have booked a room, Shray," Miraya says, hitting his shoulders. "There is no use whining about it now."

"I thought I'll just pay for one in whichever hotel you were staying in," he mumbles, sitting on the chair in the reception area. Miraya paces in front of him. 

"It's holiday season. Everything is full. The bookings open two months early here. Why didn’t you think about it?"

Shray takes her hand. "Miranda, I barely had time to book a plane. It was all last minute. You know that," he says. 

She sighs and takes a seat next to him. "You should have at least asked me about it."

"I know. I am sorry."

"Now what should we do? Should we check for availability in any other hotel? Just for you?"

"I am not leaving anywhere without you," Shray says. 

Miraya glares at him. "What else do you expect me to do?"

 "I'll just crash in your room, Miranda. On the sofa. I'll not bother you at all when you work. I'll keep to myself," Shray pleads. Miraya considers him with a suspicious glance. Is he planning something by any chance? 

"I am not planning anything," Shray says.

Miraya’s palms fly to her mouth. "Did I say it out loud?"

"No, but I can tell by the look in your eyes. I promise, Miranda. I'll be good."

Shray and Miraya had been friends for so long but they had never slept together in the same room. Sometimes, during their study sessions, Miraya would fall asleep in his bed. In the morning, she would find him sleeping in Vidyut's room. It was too weird, sharing a room. So, Miraya was nervous. 

"Miranda?"

She glances at him. 

"You've been staring at that flower vase for far too long. What is going on in that pretty head of yours?"

"Nothing," she says. "You can stay with me. But no one knows about this, understand?"

Shray grins. "Got it," he says, picking up both of their bags. Sometimes she wonders how Shray became such a popular actor. He was way too idiotic and child-like. 

Miraya kicks off her slippers and crashes on her bed as soon as she is inside her room. Shray drops off the luggage and opens the blinds. From the bed, Miraya can see the view. It's beautiful. The sea. The calming blue. The colorful tourists, dotting the white sand. It is not too sunny or cold. The weather is just perfect. Perfect to take a walk along the beach. 

But Miraya needs rest. At least a nap. Otherwise she can't do her work. 

Curling her legs under the sheets, she closes her eyes. Miraya can feel Shray’s footsteps move here and there. She thinks she can leave him to unpack his bag and settle in but his footsteps keep her awake. It's too distracting. 

"Shray."

"Hmm?"

"Come here."

He pads over to the bed. 

"Sit."

He does. 

Miraya closes her eyes again. 

"What? Why did you call me?" he asks.

"Just shut up and sit here. I can't sleep when you keep moving around the room," Miraya says. 

She could tell without seeing that Shray was rolling his eyes. "I'll just check if the kettle is working. I need something hot to drink," he says, getting up.