Dennis Arrives

Dracula POV:

"Sir, only the father is allowed in the delivery room." A doctor spoke, pushing me out of the delivery room. I frowned, "Really? I mean, okay. He's the family, I guess." I spun around and walked away. Moving quickly, I dressed up as a nurse and snuck into the delivery room as the baby was born, "Oh, look! It's a boy! It's a boy! The Dracula bloodline carries on! No one will ever harm you as long as I'm here, my little devil dog." I whispered to the baby. Carol was in the room, next to Mavis and Johnny, staring at me, amused.

"Dad, can I hold my baby?"

I glance over my shoulder to see them watching me, "If I were Dad, I'd say yes. But I'm the nurse, Francine. Here you go, anyway." I handed the baby to Mavis, watching her kiss his head and hold him gently. Carol's eyes flashed green to blue, then back to green. I hummed to myself as she snickered.

I side-glanced to see a zombie staring at me and grinned. I stood up and roared at him, forcing him to shy away, "My bad." The zombie walks out of the room. Carol giggled and grabbed my hand, "We'll leave you two alone. I am going to talk to 'Francine'." She tugs me out of the room and into an empty hall. Carol's eyes flashed again, making me even more concerned.

"Drac, seriously?"

I blinked to see her eyes back to usual green, "What?" I asked innocently. My zing giggled and swiped the mask and wig off me, "Please change. Or else more zombies will find you attractive." She teased. I grinned and used my magic to change back into my original clothes.

------------------------------------------------------------------

No Pov:

"Little Dennis is a year old now. Wow!" Johnny mentions; the monsters and Johnny's family joined for Dennis's first birthday.

 Wow!" Johnny mentions; the monsters and Johnny's family joined for Dennis's first birthday

Mavis sets the cake in front of Dennis, and the child spits on the monster candle, "Nice. Yeah. Cute kid." The monster huffs, walking off the candle.

"Okay, time for presents, guys." Carol calls out. Everyone gathered around Dennis and handed the parents Dennis's gifts to them. Murray grins, "All right! Let's do this boy up! Check out what I got him. Bling!" He hands up a medallion in the air.

"Wow. Is it cursed?" Wayne asks as his pups run around. "Super cursed. Only the best. Straight from the crypt." Murray answers and walks up to Dennis. "He's just starting to walk, so maybe it's heavier than..." Johnny trails off as Murray puts the medallion on Dennis, causing the child to fall on his face, and cry.

"Oh. You're okay, Denisovich." Dracula lifted Dennis up and cooed. Carol stood next to Drac as Johnny's Dad, Mike, walked up, "His name is Dennis. Named after my father." Carol frowns at Mike, her eyes flashing blue for a moment.

Dracula brushes Mike off, "It's not his vampire name. My little Denisovichy-Weesovichy." The Vampire King turns to Carol with a grin.

"Huh! Are we sure he's a vampire? I mean, not that it's a bad thing, but shouldn't he have fangs and that pasty skin you guys have?" Linda asks, slightly insulting the monsters. Carol huffed, she likes and dislikes Linda, but did she have to say that?

Wayne stepped next to Dracula, "Technically, you have until you're five to get your vampire fangs." He answered Linda.

"Some kids would be a late fanger..." Martha whispers to Carol, making her eyes flash blue.

Dracula noticed but didn't mention it, "Oh, he'll get his fangs. He's a Dracula."

Mike frowned, "He's also half Loughran. Maybe he'd be better off where we live. There's more humans there." He hands Dennis an action figure to play with as Dracula lowers him to the floor.

"What? Look how well he's playing with the wolf pups." Dennis watched the pups licking the medallion and started licking the toy. Carol was glaring at Mike before she picked up Dennis.

Eunice hands a present to Dracula with a grin, "We have a present. I hope it's acceptable."

"'My First Guillotine.' Very educational. Well played, Frank." Dracula holds the dangerous toy before Mavis takes it from him.

"It's great. Thank you. We just have to baby-proof that. Johnny, do you know where you put the rubber guards?" She asks, searching in the drawers.

"Baby-proofing a guillotine? So you cut your finger off. It's part of the fun." Eunice mentions. Dracula slumps his shoulders, "She made me baby-proof the whole hotel. Someone's overprotective." Down in the lobby, the zombies were putting guards on everything sharp, including the witch maids' noses.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Carol POV:

A few weeks later, Mavis and I tried to get Dennis to talk and succeded, "Johnny! Come quick!" Mavis calls out as the two of us wait for him and Dracula to enter the room. The door slams open, and Dracula stands there in worry, "What's up? He's okay?"

Mavis turns around, holding up Dennis, "Dennis said his first word!"

"He did?"

Mavis coaxes Dennis, "Come on, honey. Say it again."

"Bleh, bleh, bleh," Dennis spoke. Dracula's shoulders slumped, and frowned, "I don't say, 'Bleh bleh bleh.'" I giggled, "We didn't say you did."

"Then where did he get that?"

"Bleh bleh bleh."

"Well, maybe sometimes you say it." Mavis says as Dennis sits on Johnny's head.

"I only say it when I say I don't say it!" Drac grumbles; Dennis crawled on Mavis's head, "Bleh, bleh, bleh."

"Okay, kid. We get it. You can talk." Dracula opens Dennis's mouth and looks inside, "Denisovich."

"Dad."

Dracula shrugs and smiles at us, "Just checking for cavities." He leaves the room, and I pick up Dennis, "Bleh, bleh, bleh."

"Bleh bleh bleh."

"It was you!" Dracula appeared, glaring at me, and I jumped, "Oh, crap!" I sprinted out of the room with an angry vampire behind me.

I ran, calling out for Drac's friends. They heard me shout and saw me run to the lobby with Dracula close behind.

"What did you do?" Wayne calls out. Frank stood up, and I tried to circle behind him, but Dracula tried to corner me.

"Help me!" I yelped.

"What did you do, Carol?" Frank asks as Drac, and I circle around him. Before I could answer, Dracula grabbed my arm and trapped me, "Ahhh! No, no, no!" The vampire lifts me up and carries me out of the lobby, "You traitors! Help!"

"Whatever you did, we're staying out of it!" Griffin shouts as we disappear around the corner. Dracula sets me on the ground and glares at me. "Eheh..."

"You think it was okay to make fun of me?" Drac accused.

I grinned, "Bleh, bleh, bleh..."

"That's it!"

I bolted, laughing my head off with Dracula also laughing and chasing me.