Chapter 7

Just a quick notice before we start this chapter. People have been confused on if the characters are dragons or humans, so just so you know they're humans. Second, I know some of these characters are dead but I needed them for the story. Now let's get too it!

————————————————————————————————————————————————

When the plane landed, Moon was thankful to get off. She had just seen unspeakable things that only she knew about and that only scared her to death. She hadn't even told Winter yet because of the idea that people would be curious of her talking to the open air! A little weird and unhelpful!

Winter walked up beside her and they began to head to where Changbai lived. Apparently, he was so well-known that he now lived near the president of the city and had is own paparazzi.

Both she and Winter were pretty quiet on the way to the house. Moon was a little shaken still from her meeting with the Ghost of Rage and all she wanted was normalcy. Winter was a mystery to her, but he seemed to be clenching his fists a lot and starring off.

"Is he mad that all of this is happening?...Is he mad at me?"

Moon knew that her friend's temper could occasionally get out of hand, and also knew that this was new to him. When she had earlier called him out for choosing her to help with his problems, he may have taken that a little too far.

"I hope we can resolve this later. If there is a later."

Moon saw many houses throughout the city. Many fireplaces due to the lack of heat was visible in the city as well. As she walked around, the citizens seemed to cast angered glances in her direction which scarred Moon deeply. We're all of the people as cold-hearted as the city itself?

Finally, Winter and her stopped at one of the biggest houses Moon had ever seen. The gate surrounding it was ten times Moons size, the house was as big as Glory's castle, and multiple body guards stood outside the gate.

"How do we get in?" Moon whispered to Winter. "Do they just step aside or something?"

"Go up to the gate and to the main guard, tell him you've been sent by Snowfall. I'll guide you from they're."

Moon followed his directions as nervous as ever before! Unlike what she was expecting, the guard sent someone in to get Changbai and was eager to make them comfortable. Moon knew that Snowfall was their leaders daughter, but she wasn't expecting it to be this important!

Finally, the boy she assumed to be Changbai came out with the messenger. He was surprisingly smaller than Winter and didn't look anywhere near as imposing as him. He looked more calm and wore a look of coolness on his face.

"Greetings." he said. "I am Changbai Wolf and I understand you were sent by Mayor Snowfall, correct?"

"Yes."

He led her inside the house and Moon was glad to feel heat again. As they walked, Moon spotted some bewildering objects that seemed to lay around the rich boys house. Gold, stacks of money, and portraits of him and famous people. Moon was startled at all of the other writings he had made to show is qualities.

Moon and he walked into what she guessed to be his office and sat down. Now was the time to figure out how to tell him the news.

"So?" 

Moon took a deep breath and started to explain in her own words while Winter guided her.

"You know that Winter died?" Moon asked, and Changbai shook his head. "Well, she has some idea of people who can... help us. What all do you know about the Ghosts of Guilt?"

Changbai seemed to be startled about the upbringing of this topic, but quickly composed himself and began to speak.

"The ghosts were former humans who did things they could never forgive themselves for. They hated themselves so much that they seek others who made the same mistake and try to change them. Why do you need to know?"

"I was visited by these ghosts." Moon started. "I end up telling Snowfall and she wanted to know more. After a while, we saw that you would be a good person to ask considering you know about these ghosts and were close to Winter."

Changbai smiled and they continued to have more of the conversation, Moon and Winter learning more from Changbai. When all was done, Moon thanked him and exited the house with her fellow ghost creeping behind.

Moon and Winter ran to a closed area where no one would find them and began too assess the information. Whatever those ghosts were planning to do to them, this would help them out.

"So what do we do now?" Moon asked.

Winter thought for a minute, but had nothing either. 

"Changbai's info wasn't as helpful as I needed." Winter sighed. "Maybe someone else knows something. Problem is I don't know of anyone else we could ask who would have the ideas he did. Maybe if I had made it to the garage ok, I could have asked him there."

"What do you mean?" Moon asked in suspicion.

"He was the one who invited me to the garage for some surprise." Winter said. "I'm guessing he was trying to tell me about his latest discovery which was on these ghosts."

Moon raised her eyebrows. So, it was Changbai who invited Winter to the party before he died.

"Wait. Changbai the ghost guy invited you?"

Moon gasped at the sudden realization to who may be behind this all.

"What if Changbai was behind this?" she asked, and Winter gave her a doubting glance. "Just hear me out. I've recognized some ideas. Changbai knows about ghosts which would give him access to other secrets like making fake ghosts. And he was the last person you had contact with. Coincidence?"

"Maybe not." Winter agreed. "But if it is him, proving our theory would be a bit hard. He's a well known writer who lots of people would stand up for. Getting him exposed isn't as easy as our mission has been so far."

"I agree. That means we're going to have to be more stealthy than we've been. Between you and me, we can do this."

"Or at least I hope we can. If not, will we ever finish this nightmare?"