Chapter 2

The Ghost of Regret took her to the memory of the explosion. This was a memory Moon unfortunately remembered very well. Carnelian had died and for a minute she thought Winter would hate her forever.

He was finally warming up to me, and I screwed up.

"Winter blamed you for the explosion." the ghost began. "But that's not where your mistake came. You didn't do anything here, but you lied to him which led to other problems."

"But he would have hated me long before if I had." she pointed out.

"Are you sure?" the ghost asked. "Winter already liked you at that point and if you'd been truthful, he still would have accepted you in time."

That's another problem. He liked me and I hurt him. Unintentionally of course!

"I can't do anything about that now!" Moon yelled. "The past is the past and should stay that way! That's why it's the past!"

"Are you sure?" the ghost countered. "Yes, the past is the past. You can't change it, but you can learn from it. If you'd been truthful after that, you'd have seen where other mistakes could have been fixed."

I wish I'd known that sooner. This ghost really does give me regrets. Curse you!!!

"You have other regrets as well." 

The ghost led her to another well known memory. It was back when Winter and his brother were leaving for the Blizzard Kingdom from Possibility. This was one memory that Moon wished never existed.

More regrets and wants. I hate this ghost!

"I can see this is a memory that haunts you." the ghost observed. 

"It was the start of the fall of our friendship." Moon sighed. "I see what your going to say. I should have stopped him from leaving."

"Good." the ghost laughed. "This actually was not your fault. You should have tried harder to keep him with you, but it's not something even you had full control over. This memory shows that you need courage to keep friendships."

I never looked at it that way. Maybe this..... thing isn't as bad as I thought.

The ghost again went to another memory. It was the time at Jade Mountain when Peril had released him. Before, Winter had tried to get her to not release him and it led to another fight.

She had a very strong guess of why she was here and it angered her.

"You better not be about to tell me I should have listened too him!" she yelled. "Without that, Darkstalker would never have been defeated!"

"Your missing the point." the ghost growled. "If you HAD listened to him, he'd still be alive."

You sure about that?

Suddenly, they were back in Moons mind of emptyness. Nothing for miles. She was ok!

"You have begun your journey with us." the ghost sneered. "Others will come to you to show you the past and future. Be prepared!"

What is this? Scrooge on Christmas Eve?