Birthday

The mission to return Sophie to her memory was in full swing, the Avengers helped the girl as much as they could.

Winter was slowly approaching. And one of the December evenings, Tony and Pepper decided to have a party. Stark obtained Foster's personal information and discovered that her birthday was December 15th.

"Pepper, I have a wonderful idea!" the man said enthusiastically, once in his laboratory.

Pepper, who had gone downstairs to call Tony to bed, looked at him wearily.

"No, don't look at me like that. You know Sophie, Bucky Barnes' girlfriend, right?"

"Yes, sweet girl," Potts replied, trying to figure out why her man was staying up so late.

"She's older than all of us, but that doesn't matter right now. Her birthday is coming soon, I'm thinking of having a party in the tower in her honor. I'm sure she, like Cap, hasn't had fun since the 40s."

"Well, the idea wasn't bad."

"You're right, honey, but maybe you'll go back to bed?"

"Oh sure. Give me a couple of minutes, I'll go up to you."

Pepper nodded and returned to her room.

***

"Nat, what's all this for?" Sophie asked with displeasure, standing in the fitting room of the mall.

She really did not like large crowds of people, but here there were simply an incredibly large number of them, which made the girl very uncomfortable.

"I want to entertain you a little," Natasha answered only, laughing softly at the girl's naivety.

Romanoff and Foster came there for a reason. For the surprise party, which was already in full swing on the top floor of the Avengers Tower, the dress code for the girls was designated: evening dresses.

"I'm not sure I really should be wearing this," Sophie deliberately emphasized the last word to fully express all her dissatisfaction with the situation.

"Believe me, dear, that's the way it is. We will choose your shoes, do your make-up, styling - and you will be ready. Just a little more patience."

This process did not bring much pleasure to Natasha either, but the anticipation of the joyful smile of sweet Sophie made her and everyone else stand their ground and never let the girl know about the party.

Ready for the celebration of the girls were to meet Steve and James. The boys arrived when Romanoff informed them that they were ready.

Steve drove Nat, Sophie and Bucky in a beautiful black car, the windows were tinted so as not to arouse any suspicion and unnecessary glances inside the cabin. But damn, that was exactly what aroused suspicion, which worried the girl very much. She fiddled with the fabric of her dress warily, and deliberately took off her shoes from her feet, because they were so uncomfortable for her.

Bucky took her hand in his, squeezing it tightly. This made Sophie turn and look into his brown eyes.

"Are you okay?" they seemed to say.

"I'm all right with you everywhere," the girl silently answered, barely perceptibly smiling.

These two had a special bond and it was formed a long time ago, after their very first meeting. From that day on, they lived only on the hope that they would never again be apart for more than a night.

Of course, Steve and Natasha noticed their short exchanges, but did not attach any importance to this, and Rogers already knew that this was their personal, so they help each other overcome the excitement and fear of what they know little or nothing at all.