Past

And Natasha managed to distract Sophie that day. The girls partyed until midnight, after which Foster asked Steve to walk her to her room.

* * *

A few days after the party, Wanda kindly suggested to Sophie, since their powers are so similar, that they can train together.

"Don't you think it would be too dangerous?" the girl said with concern. "I am unable to fully control my powers. What if something happens? I don't know what I'm capable of."

Sophie's excitement grew with cosmic speed, she quickly walked around the room from side to side, hardly coming up with various excuses so as not to participate in what scared her so much.

Maximoff assured that nothing would happen, because the Avengers base was a very safe place. Well, she didn't know how anxious Sophie had become. And she did not know that only James could convince and reassure the girl. However, after that awkward, but such a tender kiss, they rarely crossed paths, or rather, Foster tried to avoid it as much as possible.

"Ok. I think we can try," Sophie said uncertainly, which brought a genuine smile from Wanda.

Well, it's been a few hours since their impromptu training started. Part of the Avengers, who returned from another mission, stood and watched as the girls parried each other's attacks, although both, of course, did not attack at their full potential. Wanda didn't attack because she knew it could really be dangerous and make things worse, and Sophie was just afraid to use her power.

"Wanda!" Foster screamed as Wanda attacked again.

And then everything was covered with a white veil. Memories began to flash before her eyes, which had been hidden deep in her subconscious for so long. She thought back to another day with Steve and Bucky, their walks and fun times. But as soon as the girl wanted to get deeper into this memory, it abruptly changed to something that Sophie would prefer not to remember — torture. She remembered the cruelty that was shown to her so often that an ordinary person would not even be able to imagine it.

"Please! No! I completed the mission!" the girl screamed heart-rendingly, trying to free herself from the shackles.

But she was tied and not just with ropes, but often with thick chains, which certainly had to contain the physical strength that Foster possessed. Despite the fact that she possessed magic, the serum also gave her super strength, stamina and agility, thanks to which, as a killer, it was impossible to catch or even track her down. And the chains left terrible bloody marks on the skin of the arms and legs, a little on the girl's torso, because this happened repeatedly. The very fact that she was tied caused Sophie to have absolutely uncontrollable hysteria and panic, because the girl knew what was coming next.

Electrocution was the favorite of these cruel people, especially if Sophie was conscious. Indeed, sometimes it happened that she was dragged sleeping out of her "room" at any time of the day. The brain literally burned, her eyes hurt, as if they could leak out at that moment, every centimeter of her fragile-looking body felt the cold of metal chains, which over time burned him more and more.

"Sophie!" A vague voice was heard from somewhere far away.

As it turned out a little later, about an hour after Sophie fell into her memories, the girl all this time made chaos in the room in which the training took place. She destroyed everything that caught her eye, absolutely not understanding what she was doing, because there was a completely different picture before her eyes. Almost all the Avengers present at the base at that moment fled to the noise.

"Sophie! Stop!" Sam shouted. Behind him came the shouts of others.

Wanda, seeing the uncontrollable chaos that Foster had unleashed, recoiled in fright. She regretted asking Sophie to test her strength.