Chapter 5: BOOYAH BABY

(Sorry this one took so long guys, but I hope you still enjoy the chapter. Also rip Splatoween.)

We open this chapter like we have many before, with a conked out Y/N on his bed. Although this time, Lenni and Triton were sleeping on his chest. Cute. It took him a while to get up, even moreso than usual. But almost like clockwork, Y/N was dragged out of slumber by a swarm of pings from his phone. Waking up, he noticed the two sleeping snails, and very carefully tried to reach his arm out as slowly as possible to grab his phone.

Unfortunately, the snails caught onto his movement almost immediately, waking up and rapidly slithering off of his chest, causing Y/N to sigh. He cried a little inside as he picked his phone, sat up, and noticed something. These pings weren't from the groupchat like he thought, but instead from his Inkster. More specifically, his DJ account. He tapped on the app and immediately found out why.

Marina
#DJHyperfresh_OA

Was at the DJ Duel last night, and #DJC_Monstah absolutely took my breath away with his performance! Go check out his debut if you haven't already, and be sure to vote for him for the tiebreaker!

Y/N: Marina.....

Y/N then began to scroll through the replies to the post, just completely taken aback by the response. Granted, its pretty obvious that when one of the most popular idols in Inkopolis says your performance was great, her tons of fans are gonna come forth like an army. His inkster already had thousands of followers, and his name was exploding everywhere. Everything from "amazing performance!" to "CMONSTAHSWEEP" was mixed among the massive positive energy for Y/N.

Finally, Y/N made it to the DJ Duels official account, where they had just posted the winner.

#DJDuels_Official

Congrats to #DJC_Monstah for overtaking the reigning champ Lee Fish in an insane tiebreaker landslide, no thanks to a certain idol mixed among our live audience! Hope to see more of his talent the next time a duel rolls around!

Y/N: I won....I WON! HOLY CARP! SINA-

Y/N practically fell out of his bed as he rushed over to the door before stopping himself.

Y/N: Whoops! Almost forgot!

Y/N then put out some snail food for Lenni and Triton before rushing out of the door and sliding down the apartment's stair rail in squid form. He then bounced off of it, turning back into kid mode.

Y/N: SINAYOUAREN'TGONNABELIEVEITIWON!

Y/N shouted, running towards his friend who proceeded to bring his charge to a sudden halt with a shoulder grab.

Sina: Y/N breathe. *begins shaking her friend* BREATHE.

Y/N: *gasps for air* Sina. I won the DJ duel!

Sina: Yeah. I heard your shouting from upstairs.

Y/N: I can't believe I did it! This is my dream coming true and all thanks to....

Sina: Thanks to?

Y/N: Well uh. Funny story. Marina from Off the Hook was among the live audience and she gave me a shoutout. If I had to guess, her swarm of fans backed me up and pushed me past any chance Lee had.

Sina: Still. You impressed one of the city's most popular musicians with your DEBUT, enough to where she summoned her fans to help you out. That's skill.

Y/N: I guess so. Still pretty hyped about my win though.

Sina: Yeah. How about after I pick you up from work, we go grab something from Sean's? I'll pay.