𝟔| 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐬

CHAPTER SIX:

GRIEVING OVER THE LOSS

THE SUN WAS shining brightly in the kingdom of Asgard as the civilians of the kingdom did their daily doings that they did in their everyday lives

THE SUN WAS shining brightly in the kingdom of Asgard as the civilians of the kingdom did their daily doings that they did in their everyday lives. Days had passed since the God of Thunder had returned home and had fought against his brother. Now, the royal family were grieving over the loss of the middle child of the three children. The king of Asgard had woken up from his deep sleep in the middle of the battle and had saved his two sons from falling down and below the now broken bridge.

However, Loki had let himself fall once he released his grip from the staff, something that Thor had tried to prevent from happening way before, despite the things his brother had done and threatened to do. While many people in Asgard went on with their lives, there were two people especially who wouldn't get over the grief of the loss of the God of Mischief.

The other two children of Odin and Frigga had been grieving over the loss of their brother together, spending time with their friends and family in hopes of trying to forget but it was almost impossible.

Despite the Bifrost and the bridge now destroyed, Asgard was as normal as it always had been, smiles on everyone's faces as they cheered and and listened to a story Volstagg was currently telling, food all over the long and large table as people sat around, their laughter echoing throughout the dining hall as the men were drinking as much alcohol as they could handle and the woman sat in their lovers laps.

Just outside of the dining hall, feet away from everyone else on a balcony, Y/n and Apollo could be seen standing very close to one another. The young couple were holding each other's hands, faces close that their foreheads were practically touching as they spoke to one another with soft smiles. If anyone were to look at them, they'd smile at how cute the couple looked and how the sunsetting and the view behind them made the scenario between them look even more romantic.

Having been looking down at their conjoined hands, Y/n looked up to see Apollo already staring at her with a look of awe in his gaze. The young lovers stared at one another with soft smiles before Apollo leaned down, letting their lips lock together in a kiss. Meanwhile, just at the doorway of the dining hall, Frigga found herself leaning against a pillar when she caught sight of her eldest child walking in her direction.

Thor stops just beside his mother as he lets his hand clasp with hers, feeling her other hand go on top of his as she gave him a small squeeze in the hand. The queen of Asgard turned around when their hands released, watching as the blonde walked down the steps. Seeing her brother in the corner of her eye, Y/n looks over at him as Thor looked between the two of them with a smile.

Apollo gave the God of Thunder a small smile when he patted his shoulder before the blonde pressed a soft kiss to his sister's head, walking off afterwards. Frigga let a smile etch onto her lips at the small interaction between her two children just as she noticed movement in the corner of her eye.

Looking over, she watched as Sif stopped beside her, a frown on her face as she had been watching Thor walk off, her gaze also glancing at the two by the balcony as they kept close to one another. When she noticed the queen's eyes on hers, the female warrior let herself tear her gaze away from the God of Thunder and close them up as she bowed her head to the older woman in front of her.

"My Queen, I'm so sorry for your loss." Sif tells her.

The goddess seemed to have avoid eye contact, not wanting to be disrespectful in any sort of way, especially after the loss of one of her children. However, Frigga only raised her hand and placed it on Sif's arm, gently rubbing her soft hand up and down on her arm before she dropped it back down to her side.

Both women looked back forward, their eyes looking between Thor's retreating figure as he made his way in the direction his father was in, standing all by himself, and Y/n standing just a few feet away with Apollo.

"How are they?" Frigga asks.

"They both mourn for their brother. And... he misses her. The mortal." Sif informs, referring to Thor.

Frigga nods, her eyes casting to her daughter. "And Y/n?"

"Apollo has been there. He's always tried to find a way to make her smile." Sif recalls, remembering the times she's been seeing them together and away from the others. "Whenever I see them together, she's always smiling. They are very in love with each other."

At the sound of this, the queen smiles as she watches the interaction between her daughter and her love. Apollo raises his chin and lets his lips press against his love's forehead as a soft smile appears on her lips as he looks back down at her.

Their foreheads press together as their fingers clasp togethers in a tight hold, not letting their hands release. The setting sun was shining from behind them, the bright light shining through the small bit between the two lovers.