Hospital {PT.1}

I really can't narrate all that happened during my unconscious period........

~Blink Blink

I looked around. I was on a hospital bed in a large room and beside me was Jake.

He sat there, head bent low and his fingers grasping my right hand. I coughed to alert him and he quickly lifted his head and smiling, planted a kiss 😘 on my forehead.

I went crimson.

We remained silent, staring straight into each other's eyes. Looking into his eyes, I could see it clearly. Love and a longing to be by my side always but even with all these I still felt that I wasn't the right one for him. It made me feel horrible and once it did, tears began welling up in my eyes and I quickly looked away from him.

He drew my face back and raised it up to look once again at his lovely one.

"Riva, I won't let you down, I promise. If it isn't you, then I'd rather remain single all my life"

He then knelt down once again and proposed and this time, I was so overwhelmed with emotion that I burst into tears and he hit me with a surprised look.

"why the tears?"

".....yes Jake, I will marry you!"

"really?"

"yes! I really will!"

"oh thank you Riva! I love you so much!"

"I love you too!"

He grabbed me and swung me off the bed, placing his lips on mine. It felt good. He was happy and I was too. It was a moment I might never forget in my life.

When we came out of our romantic moment, turning to the door, we discovered we were being watched. I instantly became shy and pulled away from him not abruptly but slowly so he could understand how I felt at the moment.

He paid for the bill and we walked back to his house which was off campus and I spent the night there.