𝐋𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐝𝐲 (𝐘𝐮𝐦𝐞𝐤𝐨 𝐱 𝐘/𝐧) >𝟑

((1952 words.))

((A/n: All characters are 18 in the story, not including the past flash back.))

---------------------------------------------------------

--(3rd Person POV)--

(1 year ago.)

Y/n L/n and Yumeko Jabami met during the first day of junior year.

Jabami wasn't hard to miss, being the only student in the academy with poison-apple red eyes. They were scary but beautiful, in a way. Y/n was intrigued with the black-haired girl, for she was the complete opposite of Jabami. The h/c-haired girl was quite boring and not as mysterious and as fascinating as Jabami. Y/n lived with her family, besides her Father- who had gone to Italy for research purposes. She had two dogs, Scout and Kodak. And two cats, Nala and Baxter. Y/n lived a relatively normally life.

Jabami's life seemed interesting and complex. And that's why Y/n decided to become friends with the ravenette.

Y/n approached Jabami while she was walking towards the school's entrance. It was a rather sunny day, so Y/n brought an umbrella with her, the cover bouncing as Y/n ran up to the girl. The e/c-eyed girl gave a flashy smile.

"Hello! My name is L/n Y/n. And you are?"

Y/n knew the girl's name but didn't want to seem like a stalker. Jabami hesitated. Surprised by the other's sudden appearance- she halted abruptly. Gears turned in the red-eyed girl as a her face somehow illuminated- a bright smile plastered on her mouth.

"Oh! Hello! I'm Jabami Yumeko. Pleasure to meet you, Y/n." Chirped Jabami. There was a soft giggle heard at the end of her sentence.

Of course Jabami would use Y/n's first name. That's just how the black-haired girl was. Y/n decided that since they were bound to be friends, she would use her first name, too. The girl started the conversation with a seemingly normal approach.

"I've heard a lot about you, Yumeko-san. You like to gamble?"

Yumeko chuckled, a hand covering her mouth.

"No need to be so formal... Y/n. And I believe that "like" is an understatement, no?"

Y/n twirled the umbrella in her fingers, shadows dancing on the ground and nearby trees.

"Well, I don't think you've shown me a chance to prove yourself right..." Y/n said, hoping the girl would grab the bait. Luckily, she did. The shorter girl's eyes shimmered, and Y/n's breath hitched just barely.

"My my, then, how rude of me. Mind you tag along so I can prove myself properly?" Yumeko said this with a wink.

Y/n smiled at her achievement.

"Gladly."

•••

(Present.)

Y/n's nickname for Yumeko has always been 'sparrow'.

Since the day she met her to the current moment, Yumeko has always given her the vibes that she was somehow alike the little brown bird. Somewhat loud, especially when happy. Alert. And social, very very social. Yumeko was the type of girl that could enter a room and start talking about random and unrelated topics, and the whole room would unwillingly or not start chatting about it, too.