Chapter 2

*Molly POV*
I order an Uber and head to meet Jack. As I arrive he's there waiting for me. "Hey gorgeous" he says giving me a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek, both of them, I didn't know I needed but I did. I just feel safe in his arms.
"Hey J, is that Costa I see in your hand" I reply back. He hands me the coffee and says "yeah I got you a large latte with extra shot just how you told me you like it." He hands me sugar and stirrers. And we walk in I link my arm around his and he takes me to a seat on the edge of the pitch and tells me to wait there. I feel so happy when I'm with Jack, I've only known him since beginning of January, which means we've talked and got to know each other for just over a month, but will he see me the same if I let my guard down fully...
I'm sitting here watching him train and it makes me smile how he remembered what coffee I like and exactly how I have it. I know it's not much but it shows he listens. I'm watching them all train but my eyes are focussed on him, he looks so sexy when he plays and his hair is amazing as he runs.
He keeps looking over at me winking which makes me blush, my thoughts are soon interrupted. "I've never seen him so smitten, recently he's been like a changed man, since meeting you" a voice says from next to me I turn to see Gareth Southgate, I'm speechless, all I can say is "he's had a big affect on my life too to be honest" which isn't a lie he has, he's got me thinking about futures and given me some hope that life won't always push me down.
The coach signals for a drink break and Jack comes running over to me. "Are you okay Mols? Are you too cold?" He worries about me all the time, I find it really cute. "I'm fine thanks babe" and it slips out the word 'babe' luckily he doesn't react out loud he just leans into me and whispers "you can call me that more often gorgeous" then winks. What is this boy doing to me, by whispering in my ear and being close my stomach is erupting in butterflies.

A few more hours pass and Jack comes jogging over telling me he's just going to change then we can go, but that he's hungry so our coffee date is now dinner.  I pick my bag up and get ready to leave and I hear my name being called "Molly?" I look over and see 2 guys walking towards me. "Yeah, hi I'm Molly" they look at me then grin, "you're the famous Molly who has tamed our Jack in such a little time. We've never seen him this happy. Oh and I'm Mason and this is Declan by the way." "Jacks mentioned you both loads, truthfully, he makes me happy too. For the first time in a long time I can say I'm happy and that's all down to Jack." I finish my sentence looking at the floor as I'm never normally this open to strangers. They say their goodbyes and point me to where to wait for Jack.
As I'm walking my phone vibrates.
Ellie💖:
Hey girl, it feels like forever
since I've seen you. Want a
movie night tonight? Xx

I smile and reply immediately

hey, I'm going dinner with
Jack right now but I'm
definitely up for a movie night
when I'm home. Xx

At the restaurant, it's so quiet and romantic. Me and Jack are chatting away and it's so natural, I'm happy and laughing I never thought I'd be this happy, not this quickly anyway. Jack breaks the silence and looks all serious which is a big change from the light conversation and laughs we've been sharing for the last couple of hours.
"Molly, there's another reason I brought you here for dinner and not just to the coffee shop. I've only known you a little while but in that short time I feel like I've found my bestfriend, don't tell Mase and Dec that part" he giggles after that last bit but soon continues "I like you a lot, I love seeing you smile, hearing you laugh, I love the fact that when we're on FaceTime and you fall asleep you slightly snore, I love the fact you try to understand the offside rule even though you have no clue what it actually is, in general I think I'm falling in love with you and everything about you. Before you shut me down I know there's a lot of things and people that have hurt you in the past and you're guarded which is another thing I love about you, is that you've had a lot of shit happen to you, stuff that when your ready you can tell me but you carry on you don't let it keep you down. Please be my girlfriend?"
I'm speechless that speech he just done was so romantic, he cares about me, he's falling in love with me. "Yes Jack, I'll be your girlfriend. I think I'm falling in love with you too, your slowly breaking down my walls" we kiss, it's so slow and passionate, you can tell there's an urgency between us but it's clear that's not the priority here, the kiss is filled with all the unsaid words between us and it feels like just me and him in this world. I'm letting myself be happy, let's hope it works out this time.