A Hush

Rye was giddy.

Lance had discreetly added his number to his phone when he wasn't looking.

After returning home from the carnival, they continued to text throughout the night.

Rye was lazily laying on his bed, feet dangling off, and phone glued to his face. He made sure to mute his chuckles while he was texting as he knew his mother would make a fuss.

Lance sent him something that immediately caught his attention.

Look at this -Image attached.

It was a picture of Lance on his bed holding a stuffed teddy bear. The teddy bear itself was cute but seemed worn out. Its fur was matted and it had different colored eyes. Still cute.

But Rye focused on Lance instead. His hair was unkempt and his shirt was slightly raised, revealing an attractive trail that disappeared behind his pants.

Rye instantly saved the picture, biting his lip at such an enticing image, and what he liked most about it was Lance's smug smile. It was as if he knew what Rye was up to.

Rye: cute teddy
cant sleep without him?

Lance: Id rather sleep with you
I mean like literally, not the other way
Well... who knows

Rye: tf
ur mom

Lance: Wow

Rye wanted to tempt Lance the same way he did.

He pulled his shirt up to his chest, revealing the wide expanse of his toned stomach, and glanced at the camera cockily, a confident smirk on his face.

He was challenging Lance.

Rye nervously sent the picture and impatiently waited for a reply, his eyes scanning his phone for the two blue ticks beside his message, indicating its been read.

He anxiously paced around his room until he decided to delete it, but alas it was too late.

A minute passed. Then two. Three.

No reply.

Until finally,

shit
you're sexy

A warmth bloomed in Rye's chest upon reading the message. He felt thrilled and shook with excitement.

He hoped that their relationship would end up as a cliché school romance, both stupid and in love.

Rye kept rereading the message with glee until he finally replied.

i know :)
now go to sleep
goodnight

Rye turned off his phone and attempted to get some rest, unable to stop thinking about Lance and his trail.

Upon waking up, he realized that he had a missed message from Lance who had replied to his previous text.

Goodnight foxy

Rye thought it was sweet but would never admit it. He had his honor and pride, and as a man, he wouldn't let Lance take the lead.

Rye was going to take the offensive now.

He made a quick stop at the grocery store on his way to school and bought some sour strips. They were Lance's favorite he had recalled, thinking of their 3 am conversation.

He briskly walked to school with a mission ready to accomplish.

Rye entered his crowded class and noticed Lance sitting in the corner with his friends and the same group of girls as always.

They were two boys on opposite sides of the class, how different could they be.

He didn't feel all that confident now.

Rye turned around and sat in his seat, hiding the candy in his bag, and prepared for class. He could feel Lance burning holes in the back of his head with his hawk eyes but ignored it.

Rye was sulking and he wanted Lance to know that it was his fault.

During lunchtime, Rye purposely went to a secluded spot in the yard so that Lance would follow him. He sat down on the rough ground and waited for Lance to join him.

This was perfect. No one would interrupt them.

"You alright?"

"Yes, Lance. I'm alright."

A hush fell over them, both contemplating their next words wisely.

"Actually, what's not alright is you never being alone 24/7. It's like you're some kind of celebrity no one can get close to."

Lance sighed and turned to face Rye after placing a firm hand on his shoulder.

"... It comes with the good looks I'm afraid."

"Narcissist."

Rye laughed and shook his head, refusing to give Lance what he wanted.

"Aww, come on! I thought it was pretty clear that you were an exception. If you just tell me that you need me, I'll be right there."

Lance slowly dragged his hand along Rye's, a ghostly touch from his shoulder down to his fingers. Rye hummed with amusement before pulling out the sour strips from his pocket.

"Did you know that these are really sour? I'm sure you wouldn't want to try," Rye whispered, a mischievous grin on his face.

On the other hand, Lance was sulking. He was watching the strips like a hawk, a frown on his face.

"Come on, Rye. Don't do this."

"I get to do whatever I want."

Rye carefully opened it and slowly took one out, dangling it over his mouth with anticipation. He let it drop in his mouth while Lance started to mumble about the unfairness of it all.

He then proceeded to grab Rye's face. Rye raised an eyebrow as he continued to chew but Lance simply gave him a questionable smile before leaning in.

Rye immediately wrapped his arms around Lance's neck and moved closer to him, enjoying his pleasant scent.

Lance quickly deepened the kiss, his teeth grazing Rye's bottom lip which earned a low hiss from him. They clung onto each other, swallowing themselves whole.

Lance's tongue was finally inside Rye's parted lips, searching and discovering. He licked the inside of Rye's mouth, coaxing sweet melodies out from Rye.

A breathy moan, a low groan, how very sweet.

Lance tasted the remains of the candy from Rye and smirked, before moving down onto his neck. Rye tugged at Lance's hair as he sucked and bit his neck, leaving scandalous traces behind.

Rye gently pushed him back and took control, letting Lance sink underneath him as he took the lead.

"You're tasty."

"And you're just insufferable."

—-