Chapter 23: Smells Of Rage

And we are back with another, albeit short but important chapter, enjoy and I will see you at the end.

"Home sweet home." = Speaking

"Home sweet home." = Thinking/Mind linking

'Home sweet home.' = Writing

XxXxXxXxXx

(Mars POV)

It has been three days since my talk with Wilhelm and I had continued to feel the call as he had explained on top of my own thoughts and memories, circling and plaguing my idle thoughts throughout the days, Artemis seemed to be struggling to, I could still feel her, present in my mind, but once more she was dormant and hard to reach, but aware.

For the first time since I learnt about the call I made my way back into the dense woodlands that encompassed the packs territory, once more looking out, this time the mix of feelings were stronger.

The woods were silent as a gentle wind blew in, carrying familiar and new scents mixed together in an enticing blend that made me want to follow it, I was to distracted by my mates and new life and now I have to both fear my old life yet live on in envy of it, I have to many enemies still breathing, some more pressing than others. 

I sighed longingly and sat on the fallen tree, covered in a dark green moss, Asphra and Esphra flashed through my mind, their smiles, their scent and presence invaded my mind, to which I am unsure whether it was my instinct fighting back or Artemis trying to fight the calling as well, it helped to stem the feeling that infected my mind, numbing it like a sedative, but still present, just a bit easier to manage and push back against it.

The wind carried on by me once more, carrying new scents that made me pause and pay closer attention, stale and obnoxious scents faintly frittered through the blend of other scents carried by the wind, hard to distinguish but carried with it a definite presence.

A moment passed before another breeze blew past me once more, this one bringing me to my feet and Artemis to attention as we got more from the new smells, still as before, stale and obnoxious but now to, moist and foul, sweat and faint, dull smelling blood followed it this time and my blood ran cold as I caught a familiar scent amongst it.

"Rogues, many of them, he is not amongst them, but he is near." Artemis called to me and we rapidly shifted to our wolf form as a link opened between Asphra, Esphra and myslef, and in my agitated and rage filled state I only managed two words before the like closed once more, "Rogues, north."

Before with a bloodlust overtaking us once more, Artemis ran us towards the danger to our home, and old foes.

XxXxXxXxXx

And done, sorry for the cliffhanger but I feel like what comes next deserves its own dedicated chapter, see you all then and have a nice day, and if your not, please have a cookie on my behalf, cookies help everything.