Chapter 17: Welcome To The Pack

And chapter seventeen is finally here after a long wait which I have loathed as I like to keep updates at least semi-frequent. So I am sorry for making you wait and I hope you enjoy this new chapter and I will see you at the end.

"Home sweet home." = Speaking

"Home sweet home." = Thinking/Mind linking

'Home sweet home.' = Writing

XxXxXxXxXx

(Mars POV)

It felt as though the world around me slowed down as the situation finally hit me like a ton of bricks, then I felt Asphra and Esphra each place a hand on my shoulders to help relax me, halting my growing nerves, "It will be fine my love, we promise, just leave it to us." Asphra told me with a light kiss on my cheek that made me smile slightly while Esphra ran her hand up and down my back comfortingly.

I took in a deep breath, steeled myself before nodding to my both of my mates that I was finally ready to go out and be formally introduced to the pack. My mates each took one of my hands in theirs as we turned and advanced on the red curtains that stretched across on side of the room.

As we reached the curtains Asphra and Esphra pulled the curtains apart with their free hands as the air about them changed to that of a serious alpha. For a moment the light of the new room blinded me before they adjusted quickly to the brighter environment and I found myself on a wooden stage in front of what I estimated to be several hundred other wolves.

We slowly we started to walk forward out onto the elevated wooden stage in front of the crowd of wolves who turned deathly silent at the sight of my mates. to my left was Wilhelm and an additional wolf I did not know and to my right was Mackenzie as well as another wolf I did not know personally. I guess they are the other pack leaders that I have not met yet, the beta and the delta, and I have not forgotten about this beta I may have to deal with.

I halted my thoughts when Asphra started to speak, "I thank you all for coming today for this pack meeting, I know that many of you are already aware of this meetings purpose. However for those of you that are unaware of this meetings purpose, Esphra and I have found our luna!" 

The pack in an instant became alive with excitement at Asphra's statement and I felt a little bit of heat rush to my cheeks before Esphra made a hand gesture asking for the packs silence and attention which after a moment was successfully restored, Esphra gave me a little glance as if to tell me everything was okay. She sis not have to though, I trust in my mates.

I kept my eyes forward on the pack and listened intently as Esphra started to speak, "I understand many of you are curious why this announcement did not come sooner, well it is with regret that I inform you when we found our luna, Mars, she was wounded by rouges, it is only in recent days she has recovered." An odd silence followed the previous joy as the information settled over the pack.

I was grateful that Esphra was fast to continue with her speech, "However your luna ended her attackers, a rouge pack that was poised to attack us, if you do not believe that makes her a worthy luna, then I order you to make your statement now." What followed her statement was a strange moment of intense thought from the pack members and I saw awe mixed in with the gazes of a few pack members.

In a moment instead of complaints or questions being thrown at us the hall again erupted into cheers but I did not miss the curious look some of the pack held for me. I cannot say that I blame them for that curiosity either, in their place I would be similarly curious.

Asphra was the one to silence the pack this time and after a moment addressed her, or I guess our pack, again, "Under a normal set of circumstances our new luna would make a speech, however her wounds have left her unable to speak." Asphra stated before giving me a look, I gave her a reassuring look that I was okay with this, "So with that in mind I ask you to welcome our luna properly and prepare for her formal entrance into the pack."

I felt the rooms entire attention shift to me, I felt my heart rate pick up and opted to do a half bow to greet the pack to the best of my abilities. I felt my mates grab my hands after that, both giving me a comforting smile.

With my mates guiding my movements we turned to leave and I saw Wilhelm take the stage, probably ending the meeting. As we reentered the back area I felt my legs wobble a bit at what had just happened but my mates were quick to hold me up.

"It is okay dear, you did great." Esphra said to reassure me, I had just stood their while they introduced me though and yet I felt like I was under such immense pressure. Standing before such a large crowd is something that I assume takes some getting used to, I think it would be easier if I were able to mindlink with the rest of the pack.

"That was, well... intimidating I guess, I have never seen that many people in one place." I stated through our mindlink. Asphra and Esphra both gave me a sense of comfort with their presence which was probably the only reason I didn't outright panic.

"It is okay, rarely is the entire pack gathered together like that, and they are very happy right now, Asphra and I have had to block out our pack link with how excited and happy everyone is about us finding you, about having a luna. It will be okay, we promise." Esphra said before planting a soft kiss on my cheek.

Asphra smiled and did the same before speaking, "It is true, the pack feels complete now because of you and we are the happiest we have ever been. You will be a great luna and we will help you with everything, you're not alone love." My mates words made my heart beat rapidly as heat rushed to my cheeks.

I heard my mates chuckle before we made our way out of the building, "It has been a special day for you and the pack, I say we go home and rest, possibly even if you are up to it love, get you out of that dress." Asphra said, her voice becoming more seductive at the end, as her words sunk in heat rushed through my body and I picked up my pace making my mates chuckle before swiftly catching up to me.

XxXxXxXxXx

And so chapter seventeen comes to a close I hope you have enjoyed this chapter and with isolation and various types of  lockdown now in place I will probably have time to update more in the near future.

I hope you all stay safe in this hectic time and have the best possible day.