Chapter Seven

"That looks like a complicated math equation...why are there so many numbers and letters."

"Because they are called Lettering Science or علم الحروف as Arabs say it."

You nod at Angelo slowly before looking down at the book of The Sun of Knowledge, aka 'Shams al-Ma'arif.'

"Is that the original copy?" you ask.

"Yeah, it is; your dad gave it to me as a present for my birthday; it is one of the rare originals." you gulp.

"Wow, dad is too deep into that stuff."

Angelo sighs as if remembering something.

"He was the master in magic arts; he even added new ways to magic, but he refused to teach those ways."

You feel a shiver up your neck and arms out of nowhere as Angelo sneers out those words

"Do letters have powers? And how come such letters be used in magic?"

Indeed, you have read an article about such a matter that explains how letters have powers.

Imagine your name being used for dark magic, whether for your advantage or against you.

"Do you have someone in mind you wish to curse?" your eyes widen in shock.

"What? No," you exclaim, finding it absurd to harm someone.

"Do I have to curse someone for achieving this magic?"  you inquire.

"No, you could also use magic to earn powers like healing and protection; you also can have Jinns serve under you."

You let out a relieved sigh, but Angelo is quick to ruin this moment with his following words.

"But it all comes with a price."

"What price?"

"Whatever the demon or jinn asks of you, you shall-"

You slam the book closed at his words, stopping Angelo in the mid of his sentence.

"No, I'm not becoming a slave to some pity entity," you declare, standing up.

Angelo leans back and stares at you with amusement.

"You do realize that this is called dark magic for a reason; we are all slaves to the devil" you shook your head.

"Speak about yourself; I'm not going to serve an entity lower than me," Angelo huffs and rolls his eyes.

"You believe that Satan is lower than you for what reason." 

"Because Satan is stupid."

"Stupid?"

"Yes, he could have obeyed God and stayed in Paradise and still be the peacock of Angels, but he chose not to."

"And why do you think he did that?"

"Arrogance"

Angelo sighs at your answer, standing up from his chair.

"I will let you rest; tomorrow we will start... you can't judge the devil if you have never been in his place," you chuckle.

Before the cult leader exits, you utter a sentence that makes him stop.

"Satan is an excuse for our sins."

"Still, many people will go to hell; good night."

"My father will come and get me, Angelo," you exclaim.

"And I will be waiting for him patiently."

🪐

You stay under the covers, trying hard to fall asleep, but the loud breathing near your neck stops you from doing so.

"Are you going to keep on ignoring me? I'm not even in my natural form; no need to be scared."

You still refuse to turn around to face your Qareen, knowing very well about his evil intentions.

"You are naked, aren't you?" you ask with a low tone, yet he hears you.

"No"

The moment his hand touches your shoulder, fear strikes you.

"But would you like to see me naked?"

The jinn turns you around forcibly, causing you to face him.

His bright blue eyes stare into your soul, and his blond hair falls over his shoulders.

"Or would you like me to help you fall asleep?"