Chapter Nine

"You are lying"

"...took you long enough to notice"

You look up at the investigator, stopping yourself from further telling the fake story.

"Be honest and truthful, that is all I ask of you, it's for your benefit not for mine"

You look down at the table as you feel another presence in the room but you don't say anything.

Knowing very well that your Qareen is the one in the room, watching the whole situation with hostility.

"You really want me to be honest about how I killed millions of peoples at the same time?"

The investigator sighs, leaning back in his chair, trying to convince himself that the innocent expression on your face is deceving.

"You don't even want to speak about your cult-" you cut him off.

"There is no cult, it used to be Nour and me, then my husband joined later on"

Adel raises and eyebrow upon hearing the familiar name 'Nour'

"Are you speaking about your classmate? Nour El-Shazly"

You nodded, feeling the weight of your actions bear down on you.

"Yes, Nour was my best friend and partner in crime. We were the masterminds behind the whole scheme, and my husband was..."

The investigator's eyes narrowed as he listened to your sudden interrupted confession.

"Go on"

You shook your head and laugh, remembering something important.

"What is so funny?"

"I just realized that even if I was sent to the international criminal court, they won't be able to punish me, because their law doesn't believe in magic" you explain.

Adel chuckles getting what you are trying to hint at.

"Indeed, unfortunately, you are not to be condemned for using magic, even if you committed massacre with it"

'You should have waited for your lawyer' you ignore your Qareen.

"But in our country, you will be condemned for using quackery and magic" Adel informs you.

"My lawyer will get me out of this, but you still have no evidence of me killing millions of people even if I told you I did it with magic" 

One of the policeman's enters the investigation room.

"Sir, the president wishes to speak to you"

Adel's eyes widen in shock while you raise an eyebrow.

"I will be back soon, stay right here"

"As if I could escape" the man chuckles.

"While using magic? I bet you could"

With that you are left alone in the room while the investigator goes to take the call.

You cuss in your mind as you see your Qareen sitting in the now empty chair across from you.

"Give me an order now and I will curse them all"

You shook you head in a 'no' while staying silent, knowing very well that there is a camera watching you.

They will probably think you are talking to yourself.

"You have always been a kind-hearted sweet girl" he mocks you.

Glaring directly at him with your eyes, your Qareen rolls his eyes.

Suddenly the door opens again, and Adel enters, a bright look on his face.

"All charges have been dropped, you are free to go"

Your mouth drops in shook, while your Qareen smirks, before speaking.

"Told you, the king of Jinns likes you"