CHAPTER4

Blue thought of Error as he looked at the sky full of stars. He just spent the whole day with Sugarplum, did he regret it? No. Blue is thankful that Dream let Blue have a break, even if it's for one day.

"Mm, the sky is really full of stars, eh?" Sugarplum comments on Blue looking up at the dark sky with a smile. "Reminds me of Error..." Sugarplum mutters as a light blush shows on his face making Blue giggle. "Actually, how's Error doing?" Sugarplum decided to ask since Blue is pretty close to that glitchy skeleton Sugarplum seemed to be interested in.

"I'm.. unsure." Blue replies after a few seconds of thinking of what to say. It's true, Blue hasn't seen Error in quite some time. "I haven't seen him in ages!" Blue loudly says as he puts his hands on his thighs, they were currently sitting next to the big fountain Blue had trouble finding. Their whole day was busy, which meant that Blue and Sugarplum were tired.

"Oh well, maybe you could visit him?"

"Why can't you do it?"

"I don't think he would be happy to see me..."

"He would, don't worry!"

Sugarplum doesn't reply as he frowns while looking down. It wasn't a surprise to learn that the dark skeleton wasn't a fan of Sugarplum, the reason? Blue didn't know, it's probably dumb. However, Blue knows that Error has troubles with communication. Blue knows it from experience since Error usually said that it was agonizing to talk to Blue, but Error still came to their meeting spot.

Error is just nervous.

It's normal.

"I'm not sure, but could you please meet him?" Sugarplum asks Blue. "Just once, please." Blue couldn't let his best friend sulk while not knowing whether Error is still breathing or not.

The Empire of The Moon isn't a very safe place, mostly because of Nightmare. Although, Killer and Dust make it even more unsafe.

Blue doesn't want to go there, even if he would be able to forget his previous relationship with Dust.

Well, maybe.

"Fine..." Blue sighs as he glances at the direction of where the forest would be, it might be a little risky going there, but it's nothing Blue can't take! The blaster in Blues lap shivered slightly due to the cold, winter wasn't a season that Blue enjoyed.

Especially since there's a threat of a war breaking out.

Wars in winters aren't pleasant.

"You should probably go there now, it's not going to be nice walking home at like 2am." Sugarplum says as he looks at Blue, a little worried that something may happen to him. Sugarplum was regretting asking Blue for that favor, but there isn't much he can do now. "Stay safe, I need to get back anyways." Sugarplum adds as he stands up. "I don't want Geno to be concerned."

"Bye Sugar, let's hope Geno won't be that mad at you being late."

"Haha, funny. See ya Blue!"

As Sugarplum left, Blue felt a pang of dread hit his soul. Gosh, Blue hopes that he won't meet someone like Killer, he doesn't even want to think about meeting Dust.

"Welp, we should get going." Blue says as he gently takes the blaster off of his lap as he stands up from the cold bench, Blue was thankful that it didn't snow today. Although, it's pretty obvious that it wouldn't snow that quickly, winter has just started.

The blaster looks at him confused, didn't the day just start? As they look around, the dark sky making them slightly sad. The blaster was quite scared of the dark.

"Hey, hey..." Blue said as he went ahead and pet the blaster, trying to comfort them. "I'm here, you don't need to worry." Blue smiled at them, which probably didn't help at all, but hey, it's the thought that counts.

Blue needed to hurry up if he didn't want to be scolded by Dream or questioned by Ink. Neither are nice.

Outer is the only chill one, too bad that he mostly hangs out with Reaper. It's really surprising how they get along, Blue didn't understand at first but when he saw them talking... yeah, they do have some kind of chemistry.

Without any other thought, Blue went in the direction of the forest along with his companion.

Cross rolled his eyelights as he sat down on the cold ground, wanting to have some kind of rest. Cross didn't get tired easily, it's just that he preferred to sit down and think.

The night sky is truly beautiful, it's sorrowful that it's covered by the trees.

The forest was Cross' favorite place to spend time in, his room is a close second. Cross doesn't enjoy being in crowded places, he just likes being alone.

Although, it gets too lonely sometimes. Even if he's with Chara, Cross actually doesn't really enjoy spending time with that kid. Chara is just too annoying.

As Cross relaxed while leaned on a tree, his peace and quiet soon became interrupted as a stick broke nearby causing Cross to immediately stand up.

Cross looks around, trying to spot the person or animal that could have been the cause of the sound, yet to no avail.

"...Error...?"

Why the fuck would Error even be in this forest? Well, Cross knows that Error doesn't like crowded places, actually... Error hates crowded places and enjoys being alone in his room or away from annoying people. So, maybe he would go on a walk to this forest.

Cross turns in the direction of the voice, spotting an unfamiliar skeleton. They weren't someone he recognized until Cross stared at them for a few more seconds.

Ugh..

Fucking Blue.

Cross frowns as he stares at the figure of an enemy. He didn't like him, but he didn't hate him. Cross just thought that Blue was okay, maybe a little annoying, but that's it. Cross didn't find a good reason to hate him other than the fact that Blue dated Dust.

"Oh! Uhm..." Blue stutters as he looks at Cross' annoyed face. He didn't mean to bump into him, he just wanted to see whether Error is here. Maybe he could ask Cross about Error? No, that would be too suspicious.

Cross doesn't respond, he just glared at the figure of his enemy. It made Blue even more worried Cross would attack him, although that's alright since they are enemies after all.

"Pfft, just look at their face!" Chara comments on Blues worried and quite scared face. Cross didn't like to frighten his enemies before death, he wasn't someone like Killer or Nightmare. "Nightmare would enjoy getting to interrogate Blue, wouldn't he?" Cross glanced at Chara and slowly nodded, which confused Blue. "How about we get a little revenge on Nightmare?" It didn't sound good, but whatever.

Cross doesn't want to anger Nightmare, but seeing that this asshole caused a nasty scar, why not? Besides, it's not like Nightmare will know about this.

"Hi?" Blue slowly waved as he slowly backed away. He doesn't want to get into a fight, especially not with Cross. It's not that Blue isn't strong enough, it's just that Blue doesn't want to fight when it's unnecessary. "It's... uh, a surprise to see you..?" Blue didn't know what he was saying, maybe he was trying to distract Cross before he would run away.

"You're on Nightmares territory." Cross said as he glanced at Chara, who slowly nodded with a grin. Ugh, does Cross seriously need to go on with that stupid revenge idea? "Explain." Cross stared at Blue, expecting a response.

Seeing no other choice, Blue backed away once more before he started to run which made Cross roll his eyelights. Cross wanted to know the reason why Blue was here before letting him go, but apparently Blue wanted to make this harder.

Ugh, why was Cross even putting an effort into this stupid plan? Oh right, Chara would make his day miserable until he would do it.

Whatever.

Cross runs after him, if Blue gets out of this forest and into the Empire of The Sun, Cross will just let him go.

It's not smart, Cross doesn't want to run into Ink or Dream.