CHAPTER8

The snow outside made Killer grimace. He wasn't a person to like winter, quite the opposite in fact. He could dress warmer, but how will his enemies see his fabulousness?

Killer glanced at Nightmare, who focused on the paperwork in front of him on the desk. The ever so beautiful and iconic crown of his rested on the desk, not so far away from the papers. Nightmare held a warm cup of coffee, obviously drinking it every minute or so. Without the black cape, which was on the chair, Nightmare looked more... how can Killer say it without it being inappropriate? Uh, think Killer think! Let's just say Nightmare looked more attractive even if its a lie.

Killer slightly smiled, seeing Nightmare so calm and devoid of the rage he usually held in his expression made Killer quite happy.

"What are you smiling at?" Nightmare asked, breaking the silence.

The sudden question made Killer jump, unable to quickly respond due to the surprise. Nightmare wanting to talk to Killer for other reasons than work? Impossible.

"Nothing more than a pretty guy," Killer replied with a grin. "it's so rare seeing you like this."

"What do you mean by that?" Nightmare glanced at Killer, knowing what he meant, but deciding to ask that question anyways.

"You're almost never calm."

"I can't be calm around idiots."

"Heh, i understand boss."

"Including you."

Well, that wasn't a surprise. Killer knew Nightmare wasn't the biggest fan of him, especially after Killer broke quite a lot of rules nowadays.

"That's mean." Killer responds and chuckled while continuing to stare at Nightmare. "i mean, i definitely must be better to be around than Dust or Fell."

Killer was right, being anywhere near Fell is terrible. Nightmare doesn't even know why or how Fell is in this empire. However, Nightmare doesn't care about Fell as long as he does his job correctly.

"Maybe you're worse." Nightmare put down the cup of coffee onto the desk, careful not to spill anything.

"Hey!"

"Just saying the truth, Kills."

Ah, the nickname.

Killer didn't necessarily like it, but it was nice hearing Nightmare say it. It was... less formal? More casual? Eh, Killer didn't know how to describe it.

"Wait, so can i call you Nighty?"

"No."

Should've expected that answer.

Killer looked back at the outside, the beautiful night was almost as gorgeous as Nightmare. Heh, Nightmare being pretty? Kind of impossible. The white snow made Killer grin, he imagined the scenarios where he hit Dust or Fell with a snowball. Maybe this winter will be fun, but Killer doubts it.

"Don't even think about having a snowball fight Killer." Nightmare said, noticing the way Killer stared at the outside. "I don't want anything to interfere with my plans."

Plans, right.

Killer didn't like the sound of those plans, but he knew Nightmare wouldn't change his mind because of Killer. Nightmare wants to get rid of Dream and the Empire of The Sun as soon as possible. It's the harsh truth.

"...Yeah, yeah." Killer replied, the smile on his face disappeared and was replaced with a frown. "i have a question."

Nightmare tilted his head slightly, looking at Killer with a questioning stare. "Is it about the plans?" Nightmare asked, he didn't want to hear any more nonsense from Killer.