Chapter Xlll

Daermaethor

Restless.

Daermaethor was twirling his dagger excessively as he watched the tribesmen and woman go around their camp without hesitation. He felt in danger and needed to come up with a plan. But how could they pull off such a plan being surrounded. This irritated every fiber in his being. He felt eyes all around him and wanted to gouge them all away with his knives. He could carve them and use their flesh to them to further intimidate the others to no longer think of harming them.

Could this be how Narylfiel feels? If so, then, he can finally understand how Narylfiel feels on a daily. But it's not her fault...for the most part.

He feels useless in this forsaken land with these unknown skin changing beasts that are unknown to his eyes. This was making his mind restless to escape. This became a turn of an unfortunate event for the hunters. They had now become the meal, the prey for these beasts. That thought just made him scoff mentally, "Just completely ridiculous." Never had the hunters been in such a position quite as uncomfortable as this. His eyes scanned over each and every creature before his eyes blocking every possible exit.

They wouldn't be as folksy to attempt such an unprovoked attack. Besides, as his sister would defend them with fire and ash. It would be such a deadly thing to provoke his sister to take action into her own hands. She was ruthless, vicious and soulless in her ways to protect. This would be his only advantage as she can disappear unbeknownst to the beasts if necessary.

She was a saving grace but also the deadliest nightmare to walk the earth. And she could literally burn the very dirt they are standing on.

Then his mind whispered," Let them try. Let them face the wraith of the Princess for she is ruthless.'

These so called feline-shifters will not be gaining his trust nor will he be interested in gaining their trust. They are wild savages living off their impulses from the looks of their eyes. A hunger that swirls behind each and every man and woman he stared down. This made him completely uneasy as he could be surrounded by savages but we watched them. They did not dare lay a finger as they followed orders. He has very little love for the unknown and for the mysterious creature that wander around the woods. These creatures just have him feeling unsettled by their nature in question.

And his sister who was commanded by this Queen to talk privately. This also angered him as he should have been allowed to talk with her. Although the Queen did seem to have her feet in the ground than her people. A very old presence emites from this woman. Something about this Queen made her different when she was confronted by Narylfiel. She did not fear the wrath of her fire and magic. This made him curious even more but also reassured his thoughts strongly.

He did not trust these people nor this land. This was not looking well and Daermaethor was becoming impatient. She held no fear against them.

Taristan and Falathiel did their best to distract him and offer him some ale as they settled into their tents but he refused like the stubborn creature he is. A stubborn old goat as Falathiel would remind him and constantly chastise him for becoming an old woman.

"Daer, you'll have more gray hair than my great grandmother and grand mother combined the more you incessantly worry over Narylfiel." She crossed her arms after he refused her advances of drinking a pint. She stood in front of him purposefully to obscure his vision from scouting the land. "Take the ale and get your tantrum in order. Narylfiel can handle herself against any threat. You know this and so do we. She's a vicious killer, with instincts and speed of a ghost. She's not a frail and scared little elfling."

She began tapping her foot and had a stern look across her face as he glared her down like a child. He certainly would act like one. And that's without question. He was severely anxious about his sister. There were issues rooted deeply from their past as well secrets he kept buried to protect Narylfiel. He failed to save her and he has to save her now before it becomes too late. This was the longest secret anyone has ever held, a record actually, one he has to keep until the time is right.