Chapter Vlll

Daermaethor

"Why do you not sleep, sister?" Daermaethor asked.

"I have already had a sleep," she smiled very lightly, "and a thoughtful one too." Her brother raised an eyebrow and sat across from her.

"Tell me what's on your mind?," he asked. He knew her too well. She would not easily be this relieved unless some miracle happened. Or some wizard magic was bestowed upon her. Who would know?

She took her brothers warm hands into her delicate, graceful ones. She took a big deep breath and looked intensely into his eyes.

"Do you remember when Ada would tell us stories about a place called Erysán and the Dsengà tree?" she asked him.

He nodded. "Of course I remember. Ada always had great stories to tell, but what does this have to do with..." he trailed off as he saw her smile--a smile that he had not seen in ages. Then he looked at her eyes and no longer saw trouble or discomfort.

"You found it, didn't you?" he whispered excitedly in Elvish. She nodded and gripped his hands.

"Yes. I've known about it for a while," she said sheepishly. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I was--"

"Troubled, in pain and depressed," he smiled warmly. "It's alright Naryl. You needed a place where you could be alone I suppose. I know you dare not to relive the past and bring memories to light but you know I am always here, nîtëg."

Narylfiel sighed with relief. That was easier than expected! She knew she should've told him earlier but some things seem to be better left unspoken for a while... Thank goodness he understood her reasons for not sharing about this realm. 

"With all the traveling, the missions and battles... coming back home was the solution for you to escape. You enjoy the nature and you have a gift for disappearing and finding the lost. It's been months since we returned to our home."

"Oh it is beautiful Daer! The stars. The sky. The tree. The valley. Everything! You need to see it!"

Her grin was wide and her eyes were dazzling. He was no longer worried (at the moment) about his sister. She was happy and shining brighter than the sun. She was beautiful and lively. Wow, he was so lucky to have her as a sister again. The young elleth he once knew in Elessgar still existed in the deepest dungeons of her heart.

"How did you find the place?" he asked curiously.

"Want me to show you?" she whispered softly. He nodded eagerly. They both stood quietly from their places and walked as quietly as they could to their ashened stable. They untied their horses and got on.

"Follow me," Narylfiel said as Fáy trotted quietly off the path. As they passed through the deep forest, they had gone a few miles northwest. Everything was quiet and peaceful. It's as if they entered another dimension. Legends told in Elessgar about the Dsengá tree would reach every corner of the kingdom. Erysán was a magical place of the people of the Ironwood forest that could only be accessed by their very people or by invitation. It's location was ever moving and everywhere at once.

Then when Narylfiel came to a stop, she stood there smiling as his face filled with awe. His eyes could not believe the view ahead of him. The legends could not compare to the sight ahead! It was impossible to believe such heaven existed.

"Ai Varda!" was all he could say. Narylfiel laughed as she saw her brother's expression. He was overjoyed that his sister had found this place, but was even more happy to see her full of hope. He got off of his horse Bill and walked over to the tree.

"How come we never saw as we passed in and out of the woods?" He asked as he approached the tree.

"I did not think much of it to tell you where it was... more that I found it."