Chapter 1

Choi Han stared at the night sky emotionlessly. It was still unbelievable for him that he now........ was back in the past.

His eyes shone no lights as he laughed. It was empty. His heart was empty. Everything that he fought to protect disappeared before his eyes.

It was painful. It was tiring.

And now he has to do it all over again. Witness all the people he loved die one by one.

Ha!

How laughable. The worst point was he was back in the past exactly after he killed everyone that attacked Harris Village. The Arm.

Ha!

If only... If only he had back into the past a little earlier, where he still can save the Harris Village, he didn't mind fighting in the war against the White Star again.

Ha!

Oh God... What's the point of sending him back to the past if he has no one to protect?

Ha!

He feels like he will lose his mind anytime soon.

Ha!

Why?... Why?... Why?!!!!

"Are you crazy?"

Huh?

Choi Han flinched as soon as he heard the voice and stopped laughed. He remembered whose voice it that. That voice was the voice that he heard before he died in the previous timeline.

With a slightly trembling body, Choi Han lifted his head. His empty black eyes met the reddish-brown ones. Seeing it made Choi Han's pupils shake.

It was.... Cale Henituse.

He subconsciously made their first meeting different than the previous timeline.

"Why are you laughing like that? It gives me goosebumps. I will report you to the guard if you keep laughing like a crazy person."

Cale crossed his arms as he looked down at Choi Han.

"Black eyes, black hair? How rare. Are you perhaps a runaway noble or maybe a prince from another kingdom? Because if you do, don't expect me to be respectful towards you. I don't give a fuck about your title since you are in my territory."

Choi Han could only stare at Cale's face. He doesn't know what should he say. He thought that Cale will throw a bottle at him or yell at him as soon as he saw him but no, he didn't. Which is weird.

Choi Han can smelled clearly the scent of alcohol from Cale, proving that he had drank a pretty large amount of it. His red face also proved that he was drunk but why don't he yell at him, and act how he was supposed to act when he was drunk?

"Hey punk, stop staring at me. Never see a man as handsome as me before?"

Choi Han was still unable to give Cale any response other than staring at him. He wonders if Cale also remembers the previous timeline because the way he treated Choi Han right now was the same as when they were working together in the war fighting against White Star. Rude but still acceptable since it was not harsh.

Unlike their first meeting where Cale threw a bottle at him as soon as he saw him.

"You seem like someone just got dumped by their lover," Cale sighed as he puts his hands inside his pockets, tried to warm them up then looked at Choi Han with his sharp and clear gaze.

Really unlike a drunk person's gaze.

"L...lord... I want to meet the lord..."

Choi Han kept staring at Cale's face making the other uncomfortable then looked away from Choi Han.

"What for?"

"Harris Village had been attacked. No one left except me. I'm here to report it to the lord."

Choi Han could see that Cale's body jerked a little. When he shifted his eyes to Cale's fists, he saw that his fists were clenching tightly until his knuckles turned white. Choi Han also noticed how Cale's body slightly trembling.

He didn't know the reason but..... Did Cale also react like this in the previous timeline? He didn't notice it because he was so in despair after losing his family to observe Cale's reaction at that time.

"Tch!" Cale clicked his tongue and then glared at Choi Han.

That expression.... It was the same as the previous timeline. His expression changed completely and after that, everything that he heard Cale that had said to him in the previous timeline, Cale said again. However, this time instead of anger, he was confused.

He really was unable to react as he watched Cale's angry expression while yelling about how useless and worthless the people in Harris Village were.

"W....why?"

"Why what?!! Do you think the life of the people in Harris Village was more valuable than my bottle of wine?!"

Choi Han pursed his lips tightly together as he tried to trap all the words that wanted to burst out of his mouth.

'Why are you so angry? Do you hate Harris Village?'

He wanted to ask Cale that but he can't because he knew that will be useless. Cale will never be going to answer him that.

Choi Han then continued to observe Cale's reaction. The thing that was clear the most about him was how hard his body was trembling.

Choi Han didn't notice it in the previous timeline because as soon as Cale said how worthless their life was, he immediately beat him up since he was terribly in despair and unable to think more other than violence but now he does and he wants to know what....

Made Cale so angry as soon as Choi Han mentioned Harris Village.

"Are you the lord?" Choi Han asked, pretended not to know the truth.

"You said earlier that this is your territory."

Choi Han could see clearly how Cale clenched tight his wine bottle, holding back his anger before throwing it towards Choi Han which Choi Han doesn't have to dodge since he knows the bottle will never going to hit him.

Spashhhh

He was right.

The wine bottle shattered near him.

"Get the hell out of my face!" Cale shouted as he turned his back towards Choi Han and then walked away.

Choi Han only quietly watched Cale's back as he got further away from Choi Han.

After spending more than 15 years with Cale in the past, he noticed how sharp and observant Cale was especially on the battlefield. He never missed his target whenever he launched his attack which was incredibly impressive.

Choi Han remembered how Cale was rewarded with the title Hero but didn't come to the ceremony because for him it was annoying. It was a waste. Such a potential person let such an opportunity go.

However, Choi Han still tried to think from a different point of view but he never get the answer to every Cale's weird actions.

Even when Count Deruth passed away and Cale was forced to become the count. He cannot think of any reason why Cale chooses to be a soldier, fighting in the Frontline instead of staying in his territory. Even though it had fallen into ruin, he still had his step-family to help him to build it back again.

Choi Han was sure it was not a problem since Count Henituse had tons of money.

"Meowww......"

Choi Han's train of thought snapped when he heard the cats meowing. When he looked at his side, he saw a pair of kittens curly their body against each other.

'Poor kittens,' Choi Han thought but still he didn't do anything to the kittens.

He doesn't even have food to give them and a home to bring and take care of them. So Choi Han had no choice other than to ignore them.

He then slowly stood up and with his injured ankle, he walked towards the Henituse's estate.