the talk

Someone banged on the door. "Wilhelm?", his mother asked. "Can we talk?", she demanded and Wille sighted and looked over to Simon, who nodded. The two had fled from the reporters and the Hillies into Wille's room after Wille's speech.

'Sure.", he answered his mother. "Can you come out? There's no one else here. And bring-", she hesitated. "Simon." A small smile spread on Wille's lips as the boy took his hand and stood up. They walked to the door, when Wilhelm stopped and turned towards Simon. "I love you too.", he whispered and a happy smile formed on both their faces.

"I know.", Simon bantered him and Wille giggled. Both took a deep breath and opened the door. As promised, only the queen stood there, no bodyguards, no Hillies. "My dear boy...", she mumbled as she opened her arms to hug her son. Simon stood beside them, trying not to stare until the two let go of each other and the Queen turned towards him.

"Simon.", she greeted him, not hateful or angry at all. "Your Majesty.", Simon replied confused and shook her hand. "You can call me Kristina.", she told him before releasing his hand and Simon nodded. "Sure.", he answered confused. But he wasn't the only one - Wilhelm looked just as confused.

"And now?", Wille asked his mother. "Come with me. The principal gave us a room to talk. Your father waits there.", she told him. "And your mother too.", she said, looking over to Simon who nodded. The queen took a last glance at the boys, then turned around and walked down the hallway.

Wille grabbed Simon's hand and the two followed her trough the empty-looking Hillerska until they stopped in front of a door next to the principal's office. The door led to an old-looking room with a massive wooden table for six in the middle and bookshelves on the walls. And Linda and Wilhelm's father were there too, the later sitting on a chair next to the window (not even near the table) while Linda was waiting for them.

"Simon!", she immediately walked to her son and pulled him into a hug. Words were exchanged but Linda spoke Spanish so Wilhelm could only guess she was asking about Simon's well-being. "Please, sit down.", the queen demanded and the four sat down. The queen on the head of the table, Wilhelm and Simon at her left with one seat empty between Wille and his mother and Linda sitting at the end of the table.

"So?", Linda asked protectively. "Wilhelm told the truth about that video. It's all over the news, so I gathered you to discuss further actions.", Kristina said. It was quiet in the room. "I did what was right.", Wilhelm spoke up and looked up, daring. "You can't undo it." The queen nodded but before anyone else could say anything, someone knocked on the door.

"What is it?", Queen Kristina wanted to know and one of the queen's servants came in. "Your Majesty, bad news. Someone told the police who uploaded the video.", he reported to her. "That means August is useless as successor.", she mumbled. "One of the bodyguards will protect him from the students until further notice.", she told him. The servant bowed and closed the door.

"Who could it have been?", Linda wondered. Wille and Simon shared a look before both answered with: "Sara." The queen cleared her throat. "Wilhelm. That makes you the only successor of the throne." He nodded and reached for Simon's hand. "So?", Wille wanted to know. "You'll be the king one day. Make a speech or an interview, you showed us you weren't too bad in improvising." A small smile spread on Wilhelm's face.

"But, what about Simon?", he asked, now completely serious. Simon looked up immediately, Linda crossed her arms. "You can be in an... unusual relationship and be the king if you want to." Simon, Linda and Wilhelm all looked like they wanted to say something but bit their lip and let the queen continue."I suppose it's serious if you took the next opportunity to out yourself."

Wille nodded. "I'm very serious with this, mum.", he assured him. "Me too.", Simon spoke up. "Well, I Hope you are.", the queen told them. "Mum!", Wille exclaimed. It was quiet for a moment or so. "Excuse my behavior.", Kristina suddenly said and Wille accepted her apology with a nod.

"But we've got to take some security arrangements.", she said and while Wille didn't look happy about it at all, he didn't say anything. This time he could understand it. "Simon is a non-resident, he would have to get chauffeured everyday and a bodyguard would have to follow him."

"Or?", Linda asked. "He'd become a resident at Hillerska. You two can move on the ground freely if the students take your outing well.", she granted them. "We don't have the money for that.", Linda reminded everyone on the table. "But we have.", Wilhelm replied confidently without checking with his mother, who let out a small sigh but didn't comment on it otherwise.

"And my friends?", Simon wanted to know. "I'm sure we could manage them visiting you here or a bodyguard following you.", Kristina said. "And you can sneak out.", Wille interposed grinning which led Simon to giggle. "Wilhelm.", his mother warned him.

"Oops!", Wille mumbled and also started giggling. "I don't want to hear about any of that for at least three months!" Thankfully, Wille looked to his mother who gave him a small smile back.

Well, that was a beginning.

"Back to the topic, what do you want, Simon?", Kristina asked him. Simon looked over to his mother who gave him a nod. "Resident, if that's okay.", he answered and and on Wille's face was a smile seen once more. "That will be arranged.", Kristina promised him.

"And what about August?", Wilhelm asked, serious again. "He needs to get a punishment." The Queen nodded, thoughtful. "You have to understand, there are some limits to that. I guess, you don't want him to continue his third year here, so he'll have to leave Hillerska. An about the rest, we can talk later.", she proposed.

"I don't want to see him again, ever.", Wille told her seriously. "And if we're talking about boundaries, Simon won't have to do any interviews- no, he doesn't have to do anything he isn't comfortable with. Is that clear?" Kristina nodded. What else should she do? Her son already made it very clear that no one should fuck with him or Simon.

It was quiet for a bit. "Is there anything else at the moment? I've got to make some calls.", the queen asked them and Simon nodded. "Yes, actually. I want some, I don't know, guided talking sessions. There has been so much shit happening and I don't want that to be in the way of-", he stocked and took a deep breath. "-our future.", he ended the sentence.

And it felt surreal to talk about their future, but not in a bad way. Definitely not. To be exact, it was the best feeling ever.