post coming out

Wilhelm knocked on the door of the school therapist. It was an hour since he told the truth about the video and everything was chaos. The students were talking or live-streaming on the hallways, the parents and guests were doing the same, his mother was nowhere to be found and he had no idea where the choir was.

"Oh, Wilhelm! Come in!", the old man told him and with a thankful nod, Wille walked in. "You've created quite a stir, huh?" Wilhelm chucked. "I guess that's also the reason you're here?", he guessed and Wille nodded. "So, how are you feeling?" He didn't need to think about the answer at all: "Great. Free.", he replied.

"And then, why are you here?" Wilhelm sat down. "I'm worrying about my mother's and the public's reaction." The man nodded, which meant: Go-On!

"She was the one who let August get away with uploading that fucking video and didn't want me to tell the world who was it or that It was actually me. And I mean she said it's okay as king to be in a homosexual relationship but that I need kids and we'd talk about coming out when I'm eighteen and-", Wilhelm only really started.

"I don't even know if I want kids! I mean, not with a woman, not with a man, I just don't think I could handle raising children. What if I get to be just like my mother?" He took a deep breath to calm down. "And then the Royal Court wanted August as my successor in case I'm not 'good enough' for being king because of the video he took! You realize how fucked up that is?"

"Wilhelm!", the man tried to stop him, to calm Wille down who got more hysterical every sentence but didn't seem to hear it. "And then they wanted me to do that speech even though I was never trained for this and okay, maybe I've got anxiety and panic attacks but Erik didn't have to held speeches until he was eighteen and he was trained for it his whole life! That's so unfair!"

"Wilhelm!", no reaction. "As if August was any better! Just because he's taking these pills but how's that fair that if he takes drugs or pills - whatever! - he gets to be my successor and I need one because I don't take those. And he only has those because of Simon who wanted to make Sara happy by going to one of those stupid Hillerska parties and August promised him money he didn't have and that's one of the reasons he took that stupid video!"

"Wilhelm!", the man stood up and walked towards the door, trying to find someone on the hallway. "Oh, and have I ever told you about the fucked up thing that Sara knew about August being the one who uploaded it but choosing not to tell her brother because she was in love with August - or still is apparently - even if she knew about it from the beginning and completely gave a shit about Felice or Simon and me!"

"Wille?", suddenly Simon asked and immediately Wille was quiet and turned around where Simon stood, still in his school uniform and out of breath. "Simon.", he mumbled, suddenly feeling very exhausted. With two fast steps, Simon kneeled in front of him. "Hey!", he whispered and pulled Wille in a hug.

"You've been doing great today.", Simon told him. "I'm so proud of you, so fucking proud!" Wilhelm let out a small, relieved laugh and pulled Simon closer to him. "Really?", he asked anxiously. "Really.", Simon assured him. "You were great out there." A happy smile formed on Wille's face.

You know, I love you too, right?", he asked Simon with a grin. "Of course I know, silly!", and with that Simon gave Wille a kiss.

The two were interrupted by the psychologist who cleared his throat. "You still need me?", he asked and Wille shook his head. "Not today.", he answered with a thankful smile and Simon helped him up. Hand in Hand, they walked out of the room. And this time the cameras didn't bother them.