Claus x Andy (Pt.14)

(Sorry picture isn't related, I just thought it was cute :D)

------------------

Claus's POV

-----------------

I sit on the old living room couch, awaiting the moment that Andy would finish the food he was cooking.  I wasn't exactly sure what he was cooking, but the faint sound of pots and pans clanking against each other had given a slight hint at what he may be cooking. To fill in the time, I had decided to observe the room around me. I first glance at the faded wallpaper. It seemed to be a striped green color, with slight imperfections due to the aging of the wall. Scattered around the wall's surface was an array of pictures with metal frames. Many memories and important moments had been stored on that wall, including the first times they had farmed the apples, or the various events that had taken place on the farm in the past years. As I calmly look through the various memories, I noticed the mysterious photo that had been on the wall that contained Margaret and Andy yet again. Though Andy disproved this as a possibility that they may have been closer than I had thought, I still am quite skeptical. 

We were all close once. Of course, we were all best friends. We all hung out, we all included one another. So, it wouldn't be odd that a picture like that would be on the wall at all. But, for some reason he always had a close connection to Margaret. Not just as best friends, even closer than that. Even though Andy had always claimed me to be his best friend, we all knew under the surface that it was truly Margaret. This never bothered me that much, at least not until now. Though, even back a few months ago there was a sense of jealousy to their friendship, at least from myself. 

I try to change my center of focus back to the kitchen, which I glance at, showing Andy peacefully cooking whatever he's making. 

"Hey Andy?"

I ask, hoping to start a conversation.

Silence for a second, before Andy responds.

 "Oh! Yeah Claus?"

He asked, Looking back at me with a smile on his face. 

"What are you making back there?"

I ask with a hint of confusion shining through my voice. 

Andy laughs to himself for a while, before responding.

"Oh dear, Are you actually concerned that I would make something inedible? Don't worry, I'm just making a simple soup and sandwich meal. Speaking of which I should actually start the sandwich part-"

I smile in amusement as I watch Andy fumble around to get the pan and other ingredients. 

"Don't hurt yourself over there-"

I laugh again, as Andy looks back.

"I've got this, I'm not a child"

He assures me strongly.

"We'll see about that"

I say, and honestly its funny how this is considered as foreshadowing-

~~~~~~~~~~~~

15 minutes later...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"CLAUUUSSSSSS!!"

I hear soon after coming from the kitchen. 

"What? Andy is everything alright?"

I stand from the couch and glance at the light coming from the kitchen.

"ᴵ ⁿᵉᵉᵈ ʰᵉˡᵖ⁻"

I can barely hear a mumble from Andy.

"What?"

I repeat, before Andy speaks up.

"I need help over here! I'm not exactly sure if I should be trusted with a pan-"

'Oh Jesus Christ-' I think to myself before heading to the kitchen to be greeted to the sight of a what seemed to be a piece of bread. But, It was burned to hell.

"How do you burn a sandwich that badly-?"

I begin to laugh loudly, as Andy sighs.

"Listen its been a while sense I've cooked alright??"

Andy is in a stubborn stance, seeming reluctant to give the truth as to why he had burnt it.

"Seems like you were making some Holy bread because you burnt the HELL out of it-"

I joke, before continuing to laugh loudly.

"Yeah yeah, funny funny"

Andy crosses his arms and leans on the counters of the kitchen.

It takes a minute for me to calm down before walking to the stove and restarting the sandwiches. After a while of cooking, I had cooked two perfectly decent sandwiches. I look back at Andy again, and he seems to still be angry at when I had laughed at him. Yet, when I place the food on the table and sit down, he reluctantly joined me. And when he took a bite, I could obviously tell he was hiding his enjoyment.

"Good job Claus.."

Andy soon sighs and admits. 

"Why thank you Andy!"

I smile, before joking to myself-

"Jeez, How many |F̶̷̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶͚́̾͋͒̏͌͌̑͘i̶̷̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̬̙̿̅̐̿͝l̶̴̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̢̗̲͕̥̔t̶̸̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̙͙͂̒͊̂̈́́́̌̒̕̚͝h̶̸̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̨̛̭̳̘͕̪͖͈̞̥̬̝̰͈̊̀̉͜ÿ̶̷̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̡͙̠̳́͗̊͆̔̓̋͝ ̶̴̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̗͈̪͓̳̟̖͓̦̮́̃̚h̶̷̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̛̛̦̖͚̙̣̗͖͈̣͉̮̺̽̅́̄̏̒͋̈̈́̚͘ǘ̶̷̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̢̱̲̯̦̠̰̰͚̮̤̞̯̺͔͙́͑̈́̾̍̅̉͊͠m̶̴̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶͚̪̱͙̠̥̞̟̱̤̪̲͕̙͆̀̔̌͒̊͗̒͌͋͜͝ą̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̱̦̥̥͔̟̖̪͈̞̔͌̓̈̋̅́͘̚ͅn̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̛̛̗̹̣̼̗̭̓͌͋͊̏͆͂ ̶̵̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̢̱̳̻͔͓̻͑̾̎̏͋̍͠͝b̶̸̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̡̧͙̥̯͕̣̗̘̮̲̠̆̈͋͑̊͊̿͘̚ę̶̵̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̡͈̺͇̞̼̗̱͎̘̹̱̇̈͌̏́̅̀̒̂̚̕͠͝͠ĩ̶̸̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶͖̺̳̤̼̋̓͗̈͛̓́͒̆͘͠n̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̤͉̠̱̗̣̯͕̹͖͗̑̎̂͛̊̌̑͊͗̽̉̐̾̚͝ͅǵ̶̴̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̟̏͊̀̔͂̄̋̐͋͐̀̕͝s̶̷̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̡̫͓͈͍̰̩̪͍̝̻͈̺̈́͝͠͝   people does it take to make a meal around here-?"