"Chapter 2: The Friendship is Magic-Part 2"

Later in the evening, the ponies of Ponyville have gathered at the town hall, waiting for the festivities for the Celebration of the Summer Sun to begin. Sunshine stood next to Twilight, who has Spike on her back, along with Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie as Fluttershy prepared the choir of birds to sing while Rarity stood on the central balcony, ready to close the curtains. to reveal Princess Celestia's appearance.

While everyone was waiting, Pinkie was telling Twilight a lot about what Sunshine's job as Sheriff of Ponyville is like.

Mayor Mare then appears at the podium, ready to give her speech.

Mayor Mare: Mares and gentlemen, as Mayor of Ponyville, I am pleased to announce the start of the Festival of the Summer Sun.

Sunshine noticed a bunch of stars outside that seemed to be headed for the moon and touched Twilight to get her attention.

Sunshine: Umm, Twilight.

Both Sunshine and Twilight see the bunch of stars collide with the moon, causing the images of the pony to disappear. Sunshine and Twilight looked at each other with worried faces.

Mayor Mare: In just a few moments, our town will witness the magic of sunrise and celebrate this longest day of the year! And now, it is my great honor to introduce you to the ruler of our land, the same pony who gives us the sun and the moon every day, the good one, the wise one, the one who brings harmony to all of Equestria. . . Princess celestia!

Saying that, Rarity pulled the rope to move the curtains and reveal Princess Celestia. . . but she wasn't there.

Sunshine: This is not good.

All the ponies in the town hall started chattering constantly since they didn't know what was going on.

Mayor Mare: Keep calm ponies, there must be a good explanation!

Pinkie Pie: Ooh, ooh, I love riddles! He is hiding?

Sunshine: Umm, I don't think that's what Pinkie meant.

Rarity: It's gone!

All the ponies gasped when Rarity couldn't see the princess anywhere.

Sunshine: I have a bad feeling about this.

Then something unusual appeared that made Pinkie scream. A purple mist gathered on the central balcony where the princess is supposed to be and revealed someone completely different. She was an alicorn mare with very dark cornflower blue fur, cyan eyes, she had a shiny phthalo blue mane that flowed with greyish outlines, Persian blue, and around her body she seemed to be wearing dark blue armor.

 She was an alicorn mare with very dark cornflower blue fur, cyan eyes, she had a shiny phthalo blue mane that flowed with greyish outlines, Persian blue, and around her body she seemed to be wearing dark blue armor

Sunshine: I can't believe it, it's...it's.

Twilight: Nightmare Moon.

Twilight would say finishing the stallion's sentence.

Spike passed out from Twilight's back while Sunshine had a straight face.

Nightmare Moon: Oh my dear subjects. It's been so long since I've seen their beautiful sun-loving faces.