"Chapter 5: The Apples and Griffons"

At Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack and her older brother, Big Mac, who has been in a cast on his sides since he was injured, are looking at the apple orchard. Big Mac had a bright amaranth coat, moderate sap green eyes, a bright orange mane and tail, his hooves were a light yellowish-gray, and his Cutie Mark was a green apple showing the center.

Applejack: Boy howdy! I have my work cut out for me. That there's the biggest bumper crop of apples I've ever seen.

Big Mac: Eeyup. Too big for you to handle on your own.

Applejack: Come on, big brother! You need to rest and get better. I have yet to meet an apple orchard that I can't handle.

Applejack accidentally touched Big Mac's wound on his body, causing him to look at her for a stop.

Applejack: Whoops, I'm sorry. I'll take a bite out of this job at the end of the day.

Big Mac: Biting off more than you can chew is what scares me.

Applejack: Are you saying my mouth makes promises my legs can't keep?

Big Mac: Eeyup.

Applejack: Why of all. . . This is your sister Applejack, remember? The most loyal of friends and the most trustworthy of ponies?

Big Mac: But still just one pony, and one pony plus hundreds of apple trees just doesn't add up...

Applejack: Don't use your fancy math to muddy things up! I said I could handle this crop and I'll prove it to you. I'm going to pull every last apple off those trees this apple season by myself.

Big Mac just sighs and walks away as Applejack gobbles down the number of apple trees he needs to cut down.

Big Mac: *thinking* She's definitely over it. I better ask for help. Hmm. . . maybe Sunshine can help with this year's season.

With Sunshine

Sunshine was currently at home, arranging some extra furniture in what is now Sapphire's room.

Sunshine: Just a few more boxes and the new room will be ready.

Then there was a knock on Sunshine's door.

Sunshine: Who will it be?

Sunshine goes to the front door and opens it to find his friend Big Mac standing in front of him. Then he realizes the injury that was around his body.

Sunshine: And that injury Big Mac?

Big Mac: It's a long story.

Sunshine: Knowing you, I guess that injury was worth it.

Big Mac: Eeyup, I came here to ask you something anyway.

Sunshine: What do you need?

Big Mac: It's Applebuck season at Sweet Apple Acres, which is harvest time for our family, so we harvest all the apples and prepare them to sell. I can't knock down any trees because if I did, my injury could get worse.

Sunshine: Really?!? Damn, I forgot it was this year, wait, if you're injured then who-

Big Mac: Eeyup, Applejack is the only one who can pluck the apples off the trees, since Granny Smith is too old and Apple Bloom is still a little young to help. Applejack told me that she plans to do this year's Applebuck season on her own and I'm afraid she might have bitten off more than she can chew.