chapter 5.

Lexie:
The shock on Scarlett's face makes me panic. I honestly didn't think it was that bad, I've had way worse before.

"I just tripped in gym today. It's fine," I tell her. "Onto what? It looks like sore," she brings her fingers gently up to the cut on my forehead. "It doesn't hurt. It's okay," I brush it off.

I notice Scarlett looking behind me at Lizzie, before she turns my head around to her. Her eyes widen for second before she exchanges a somewhat worried look with Scarlett. "Seriously, it's fine. It's not a big deal," I try to assure them. "Okay, Lex," Scarlett says.

The table read goes on for a couple of hours before we take a dinner break. This time we had tacos and they were actually amazing. Tacos have to be one of my favourite meals.
Whilst I ate, I sat with Xochitl. She's a couple of years older than me but it's nice to have someone around my age, and honestly she's so easy to talk to.

I noticed Scarlett looking over at me a few times with that same worried expression she had earlier, which made me feel a little bit awkward but she would just send me a smile if I caught her looking, before turning her attention back to Chris.

We went back to work until eight-thirty before everyone started to pack up. Tomorrow we start rehearsals which is extremely nerve racking, considering all my scenes I'm going to be doing tomorrow are with Lizzie, and she's so good I kind of find it intimidating.

I assumed my mom wouldn't be picking me up again, so I said my goodbyes to everyone before I started to make my way out. Reese walking out with me.

"Wait up, Lexie!" I hear Lizzie's voice, causing my to turn back around. "Scarlett forgot to ask, and told me to come find you - how are you getting home?"
"Oh I-I'm getting the bus."

"Yeah, no you're not. Scarlett's gotta get home to Rose, but if you give another five, I'll take you," she offers. "I don't mind getting bus, honestly," I tell her. "I'd take her, but I took an Uber here," Reese chimes in. "No, it's fine. I'll take her," Lizzie smiles assuringly.

___

"So how are you finding it so far? I know its your first job and it might a little overwhelming?" Lizzie asks as we begin the drive home. "It is a little overwhelming but I love it. I'm so amazed by everyone," I laugh awkwardly, to which she smiles.

"Well, from what I've gathered so far, you're incredible Lexie," she smiles. I lift my shoulders up to my ears as I feel myself blush at the compliment. I don't get them very often, if not at all, so when I do I don't know how to respond to them.
Lizzie giggles slightly and tickles my stomach, "You're so cute."

"I'm nervous to start rehearsals tomorrow," I admit. "That's okay. We all get nervous, including myself. If there's anything I can do to help, just tell me okay?" She smiles assuringly. "Can you like, not be so good at acting so I look better," I laugh. She does too.

"So, the cast is going out for dinner tomorrow night and of course you're welcome to come along, but there's no obligation. Xochitl will be there though if that helps," she explains with a gentle smile. "That would nice," I admit, "I'll have to ask my mom first though."
"Of course. Either Scarlett or I will give you a lift home afterwards too."
"Thank you," I smile, just as a message comes through on my phone.

Annie: ALEXANDRA REID!

Annie and I have this habit of texting each other with all caps, no matter the circumstance.

Me: BRIANNA THORPE!

I send the text with a smile.

Annie: I JUST FINISHED CATCHING UP ON GREYS AND OH MY GOSHH! KAMELIA 😭
Me: I KNOWWWW!!!
Annie: IM SO OBSESSED WITH THEM!
Me: THATS KINDA GAY
Annie: 🖕🏼
Me: WOW RUDE MUCH?!
Annie: ALWAYS

"What are you giggling at?" Lizzie questions with a small chuckle. "Oh, just my friend. She's been catching up on this show we both love and she's excited about something," I inform her. "What show?" She asks curiously. "Grey's Anatomy," I say.

"Oh I love that show!" Lizzie exclaims. "It's so good, right?!" I speak excitedly. "Amazing," she giggles.

We pull up outside my apartment building and once I've undone my seatbelt, Lizzie reaches over the console and wraps an arm around my back to hug me. I don't remember the last time I was hugged and I didn't realise how much I missed them. I mean, I had to try and withhold tears.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Lex," she smiles. "Yeah. Thank you," I say.

When I get up to my apartment, I realise all the lights are off and everything is exactly how I left it this morning. My mom isn't home which is really unusual for her on a Tuesday night. She might have stayed the night at one of her friends though, so I try not to think anything of it.

I go on with my evening and make myself a grilled cheese for dinner, shower, change into my pyjamas and sit at my desk and try to catch up on some homework. Due to the fact that rehearsals start tomorrow at noon, I'm not going to school, which also means I get a bit of a sleep in.

It's one in the morning when I close my math book, and hear ruckus coming from the living room. I get up and slowly creak my door slightly open and see my mom pushed up against the front door by some guy. Half naked might I add.

I don't recognise the man until he pulls away and turns his head in the direction of my room. He's the same guy that was banging on my bedroom door last night, and hurt me only a month prior is in my home. My mom invited him into our home, even after I tried to tell her what he did. Of course she wouldn't believe me though.

That same smug look is on his face the moment he sees me, so I quickly shut my bedroom door, locking it behind me and run into bed, curling up under my sheets.

I again, put my headphones in to block out the noise and close my eyes.

_________
hi :) thank you for 1k reads!