Ludi Harpastum 1

word count: 4.7k

--

Mondstadt has always been known for its peaceful and calming breeze from the north. The scent of dandelions would waft in the air, inducing the townsfolk to lay back and enjoy their peaceful self-time in nature.

It's a characteristic of countless other natives with the exception of some organization that handles and maintains the peace in the nation.

For the past week, the plaza was bustling with people running in and out of the city and a few other travelers visiting. Quite the contrast with their well-known culture, though in a satisfactory standard. A strong scent of alcohol being brewed can be sniffed from miles away but Flora's flower stand is still triumphant with all her bright and consummate garlands decorating all structures and statuettes of the Anemo Archon.

Dancers were everywhere, colorful and bright stalls and candy floss carts could be seen, and the fountain spouted clear blue water that glinted in the sunlight.

Mondstadt was buzzing with excitement with the Ludi Harpastum Festival.

Children were running around, going from one booth to another with their fellow friends to get their desired rewards and men drank their hearts out with a hearty laugh as they cheered and clunk their mugs altogether before chugging their drinks down.

Paimon was having a lot of fun celebrating. Buying one food and then another before she could even finish the unfinished fried radish balls. She was drooling, admiring all the stalls displayed as her eyes glimmered in childlike excitement at how festive and wonderful this day was.

Aether would have a lot of fun with Paimon walking from booth to booth, eating until their bellies ache, and playing against each other on who could out-best the other in a game of Pile 'em Up if not for the urgency of looking for you.

Not here. She's not here...

His face paled and everything went deaf. The loud clamor and bellows of stand owners were silence to him as well.

"..ther. Earth to Aether!"

A small hand grabbed his scarf and tugged it, snapping him out of his floods of thoughts of your current whereabouts.

"Hey, are you alright? You're looking a little pale there. Do you feel sick again?"

The young man stared blankly, before blinking and looking away at his companion. "I'm... fine."

Paimon was silent and still, her eyes never taking off of him with how he was sweating bullets and distracted for the past seven days. Ever since he's been discharged by Barbara, he immediately went off to search for you the day Ludi Harpastum began.

Day and night, he looked for you. Looked for Venti.

And when he asked the townsfolk about you or the bard, the only response he got was a shake of their head or a shrug that they haven't seen them.

Is looking for [Name] a good idea?

Is it worth the risk to look for her?

More and more questions erupted in the little fairy's head, becoming even more anxious at the thought of Aether being wounded and attacked by the bard ever since that incident occurred.

Their travel would be nothing if he died in the hands of the wind of god. He still hasn't found his sister yet and they have little to no clue of where she is. If he dies, Paimon will...

Paimon will-

"Aether, why don't we just let the Knights of Favonius handle this?"

The said male looked up at his companion with hazy eyes before scoffing, something she had already grown accustomed to with how they often berate.