Clip: On Our Way!

As Josh and Blue strolled through New York as happy as can be, they started to sing.

Josh and Blue: 🎶 When we hit that pavement, yeah,
It makes us wanna dance! 🎶
Josh: 🎶 The artwork on the buildings has you take a second glance. 🎶
Blue: 🎶 Everyone's so different, I want to meet 'em all in style! 🎶
Josh and Blue: 🎶 Vibrations in our hearts. We think we'll stay here for a while! 🎶

Josh and Blue walked over and joined some drummers nearby. Blue put her heart into her drumming as the beat took over her.

After that, they stopped by a mailbox. "Your turn, New York mailbox!" Josh said, waiting for it to sing. But nothing came out of it because it (of course) was just a normal mailbox, not the singing kind. "No? Oh, okay." Blue said, just brushing it off. "Our friend Mailbox at home loves to sing." Josh told the not-alive mailbox, trying to strike up some friendly conversation, "Maybe next time." A man passed by and put some mail in the mailbox, shocking Josh and Blue (who both thought it was alive...or at least, Josh thought it was alive).

Josh ran off while Blue stayed behind for a moment. "So...I bet you're hungry for letters, huh? I've got just the thing." She said as she gave the mailbox a high-five, "BAM! See you later!" Blue ran back to Josh as all of a sudden, the normal mailbox sprouted eyes.

Blue hopped onto a pretzel cart and started to dance again, while Josh skipped along in front of her, giving out pretzels to everyone. Josh then danced next to some taxi cabs as he continued his and Blue's song.

Josh: 🎶 And it feels so great, it makes us say... 🎶
Blue: We're on our way, Josh!
Josh: Yeah! That's right, Blue.
Josh and Blue: 🎶 We're on our way!
Ba ba ba da da!
We're on our way!
Ba ba ba da!
We're on our way!
Ba ba ba da da!
We're on our way!
Ba ba ba da! 🎶

Josh: 🎶 Yeah, we're taking a bite... 🎶
Blue: A bite?
Josh: 🎶 ...out of the Big Apple tonight! 🎶
Blue: I get it! (Giggles)
Josh: 🎶 I hear it everywhere.
A New York invitation! 🎶
Josh and Blue: 🎶 Ba ba da ba ba da!
We're on our way! 🎶
Blue: Follow me, Josh!

The two then stumbled into a crowd in Times Square. Magic sparkled all around them as day turned to night. As soon as they knew it, Josh's normal blue sweater turned into a blue collared shirt, with Blue's normal handprint-covered blue overalls turned into a fluffy blue dress with sequins all over it.

Josh: 🎶 We're trying new things we didn't know exist. 🎶
Blue: 🎶 We're hailing down taxi cabs now. With just a flick of our wrists, yeah. 🎶
Josh and Blue: 🎶 And everything is exciting.
And there's magic everywhere!
Must be those Empire State emotions in the air! 🎶

Everyone danced all around like crazy. There were stilt walkers, and breakdancers, and even construction workers all getting into the magical groove Josh and Blue were spreading onto the busy streets of NYC.

Blue: And it feels so great!
Josh and Blue: 🎶 That it makes us say...
We're on our way!
Ba ba ba da da!
We're on our way!
Ba ba ba da! 🎶

Blue: 🎶 And we're taking a bite...out of the Big Apple tonight! 🎶
Josh: 🎶 We hear it everywhere. 🎶
Josh and Blue: 🎶 An NYC vibration!
Ba ba da ba ba da! 🎶
Josh: Everybody join in!
Blue: 🎶 Everybody join in! 🎶

A huge dance party broke out in the streets as everybody got their groove on!

Josh: Everybody join in!
Blue: Yeah, dance along with us!
Josh: Everybody join in now!
Blue: Here we go!
Josh: Come on!

Josh and Blue: 🎶 Ba ba ba ba da da da!
We're on our way!
Ba ba ba ba da da da!
We're on our way!
Ba ba ba ba da da da! 🎶
Josh: 🎶 We're on our way! 🎶
Blue: 🎶 Woo-HOO! 🎶
Josh and Blue: 🎶 We're taking a bite out of the Big Apple tonight!
We're on our way!
We're taking a bite out of the Big Apple tonight!
We're on our way! 🎶
Yeah!

The two friends smiled as Blue jumped in the air and landed in Josh's arms as a big finish. Blue hugged Josh tight as (with a little pinch of magic) the night sky turned back into a sunny day. They spotted a park bench and went over to catch their breaths after a long day of singing and dancing their hearts out.

"Blue?" "What is it, Josh?" Blue said as she sat down, beaming while playing with the fluff on her new dress. "We've been so caught up in all that singing and dancing that...um, well..." Josh stuttered, trying to get his problem out. "Aw, it's okay." Blue spoke out, comforting her owner, "I mean, I'm your best friend. I'm right here for you, you know? You can tell me anything."

"I know Rainbow Puppy said we should meet her somewhere here for our audition," Josh explained, "But the problem is...I don't know the address, and I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE THE AUDITION IS!" Josh felt like he was going to freak out hard as Blue put her hand over his shoulder. "Well, I think...I know where it is." Blue piped up. "You do, Blue?" Josh asked, "So, where is the audition going to be?" "Guess." Blue told him. "Wait...does that mean?"

Blue: 🎶 We're gonna play...Blue's Clues! 🎶
BAM!
(Blue smacks a handprint on the screen.)
Josh: Whoa!
(Josh goes up to the handprint.)
Josh: Great idea, Blue! We'll play Blue's Clues to figure it out! We love playing Blue's Clues!
Blue: We sure do! 🎶 We're gonna play...Blue's Clues! 🎶
Josh: 🎶 Cause it's our favorite game. 🎶 YES! Blue's Clues in New York City? This is EPIC!
Blue: You bet it is!

"Alright, Blue. We know what we need for Blue's Clues." Josh told her, grinning with glee, "Our Handy-Dandy..." "Notebook!" Blue answered. "Notebook! Right!" Josh confirmed, "Now where did I put it?" Josh looked in his shirt pocket. It wasn't there. He tried his pants pockets. Wasn't there either. He even tried his back pockets, but...no luck.

"Blue?" Josh was literally out of options as he turned to his daughter. "What is it, Josh?" She replied, a concerned look on her face. "Have you seen my Handy-Dandy Notebook? I can't find it...anywhere." Josh continued, feeling more and more flabbergasted. "No, I haven't seen it." Blue sadly agreed, "Wait a minute. You must've left it back at the house!"

"That's isn't good, Blue! The address was written IN my notebook!" Josh gasped in shock, "Without my Handy-Dandy Notebook, I think we're...lost." "LOST? Whaaaat?!" Blue shouted, totally losing her mind. "We're lost, with no way home?" She said (referencing a certain Spider-Man movie). "My mind is blown, Josh!" She made the "mind blown" noise and used sign language to sign the gesture to Josh.
———————————-————————————
Hit that pavement and join Blue and the gang for Blue's Big City Adventure! - The Fan Version!
Read it NOW on Wattpad!