Chapter 7: the 'freaks' that hero society failed.

For Her.. the morning started out like any other..

Waking up passed out at her desk with papers underneath her. And as usually on occasion such as now, a raccoon sleeps on top of her head keeping it down.

"Get off Rusty.. I got to make your breakfast and start up the day, mate."

Said raccoon ever so grumpily get up and walked down the ladder to her first floor. Leaving a much tired Warzone to stretch and get up for the new day.

"First things first... gotta take.... my 'medication'"

She walked over to her safe and put in the code, taking out a box carefully. When she opened the box, she let out a sigh.

"I'm running out.. I better talk to Raider so they can get me more.."

Warzone made sure not to prick herself as she carefully got out a syringe filled with a glowing violet liquid. She doesn't remember exactly where she got the recipe for this serum, but she does know for a fact that it'll stop.... it from spreading..

Carefully flicking the needle to clear the bubbles, she stabbed the needle into her neck and released the liquid into her bloodstream.

Letting out a sigh, she climbs down the ladder and goes to her fridge. Almost nothing... finding some cat food she uses a can opener to open it and pour it into a dog bowl and set it in front of the waiting raccoon.

"Have a good breakfast, Rusty. Make sure to guard the junkyard when I leave for the meeting."

Warzone smiles at the sight of her most trusted companion chow down with not a care in the world. Seeing the scar running along his back made her let out a sigh at the memory of when they first met.

A younger Warzone walked through the city of Musutafu Japan.. with a fresh bag of groceries.

'Seems like gramps is getting more forgetful with what he needs... he's getting worse..'

The young girl lets out a sigh, walking by an alley. She stopped when she heard laughter and what sounded like screeching. Painful screeching.

(Warning for animal cruelty.)

She instantly set down the groceries and ran.

There she saw two boys, about a few years younger than her, standing over a bloody mess.

Seeing the blood only made her think back to her past.. all the dead bodies, the screams of helpless people fighting in a war where they too, were the victims, even the people who she fought against were mindless meat puppets to the ones who started all of it.

With that thought, her eyes turned a shade of red, glowing in the dim alley way. Red electric bolts emitted as she walked over to the two delinquent boys.

"What do you two think your doing?"

The voice made the two flinch, when they turned around, one of them nearly peed their pants as they look at the sight of an enraged Warzone, looking at them with a stone cold expression. Before they could say anything, she swung her fist right into one of their noses, making a sickening crack.