Chapter 9: drip drop.

Drip drop, drip drop..

The sound of a liquid hitting the cold concrete echoed through the alley. It seemed to be the only thing heard.

It was an unusually silent night in the city. Warzone didn't like it. Silence wasn't a good sign. However the distinctive sound echoing through the alley put her mind somewhat at ease.

Drip drop, drip drop..

Her hand tightened around the hammer. Usually not the best choice. However as they all say, beggars can't be choosers..

Drip drop, drip drop..

The color red certainly did have a beautiful effect from the shining moonlight, the way the lunar atmosphere danced against the deadly sharp desire held in the flaming embers of what once was. It looked absolutely perfect... especially all over the walls. A twisted grin spreads on her face at the grotesque sight in front of her. Such beauty that only a person as sick as her could see. Alas, to her knowledge there wasn't a single soul who was to her level. But boy did she enjoy the feeling of carving her symbol into the tender flesh of her victim. Writing her Alias on the wall with the same ruby crimson eye candy she enjoyed seeing every time she sliced into the meat of what she saw as mere cattle in a society of worms who couldn't be bothered to see worth in anyone who they don't deem as worthy.

Drip drop.. Drip...

...drop..

——————————————————

To everyone, they all see nothing of a husk of the boy who always smiled to them. The only smile he gave was nothing but a mockery of that once iconic smile. However there's only one time where his smile seems genuine.. but not how they expected.

Violence. That was one of the things that raised the red flags that something was wrong. He was obsessed with violence. Every time the tv plays on the news, with the constant rise of murders happening, there's always a certain look in his eye. One mixed with fascination and lust. The latter being more apparent when it's a certain villain's work.

But there was one thing that gave away that something was up. The books. He had many books that he would have NEVER read before. When they saw the book on human biology, they weren't too bothered. However it wasn't until they noticed that it  didn't stop there, the books he started to be seen reading turned from educational to concerning.

They knew they needed to talk to him..

"Midoriya, are you okay?"

Midoriya looked up from his book with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes, I'm fine. Why do you ask?"

The entire class look at each other with a silent argument of who shall be the unlucky person to lead the confrontation. Alas, Kirishima was the poor soul.

"Listen Mido-bro... we're a bit concerned about you.. you've changed these past two months."

Inside of Midoriya's head was chaos. He can't let people know about what the hell is going on. Not his obsession, not his beloved, not his plans.

"I appreciate your concern, guys, but I'm fine."

However they weren't going to drop it. Uraraka stepped up.