Chapter six

Chloe's POV

I sit on the bench confused as hell. I have no clue what just happened to my brain! It was like it stopped working.

After well over five minutes I realize it's almost time to go on the floor and start working so I remove my coat and finish getting ready for work.

As I finish up putting on my makeup someone knocks on the dressing room door. My stomach drops as I remember what Aris told me and I hold my breath waiting to see who it is.

The door slowly cracks open and Kimberly pops her head through and my lungs burn with relief when I release the air I was holding.

She walks over to me and sits directly next to me and stares in the mirror at the two of us.

"What was all of that about?"

"um"

"He was in here for a few minutes and we couldn't hear either of you say anything... not that we were eavesdropping."

"mhmm I know better by now." I tease her, lightly pushing her with my shoulder.

She laughs and says "okay well I was just checking on you before we go on the floor but it seems like you're ready so I'll see you out there."

"Okay i'll be out in a minute."

She exits the room and a few minutes later so do I.

I start making my rounds and serving drinks. It's an unusually busy night but everyone is probably here to see the new "boss man" or whatever Sarah was calling him the other day.

I love my job here at this club, it's fun to be here and the job itself is easy and I also get to be around my friends but the creepy old dudes that think they can do what they want really get on my nerves.

Kinda like the ones that have been calling me over to their table for the past 15 minutes. I've run out of excuses to go and ask them what they want and of course they won't wave a male waiter over.

With my best customer service smile I walk over to their table to give them a chance. I always give everyone at least one chance. After that what happens is not in my hands.

"Well, would you look at who it is?" The guy at the head of the table starts "The cute brunette we wave over every week we come here but she stills resists."

"So you can't take the hint?" I replied. The rest of the table laughs.

"The fact that you eventually came around was hint enough for me baby." He responds with a wink.

I really hate this part of my job, shoving my tongue down my throat so I don't say anything to get myself fired.

"I guess you're right, so what can I get for y'all?" I respond with a tight smile.

The entire table shouts out their drink order and I jot them down and the man at the head at the table is last so I look at him waiting for his drink order. He looks at me up and down and says "any Jack Daniel whiskey, neat would be fine with me." I nod my head and when I get finished writing his drink I go to give the list to the bartender.

The man starts shouting at me to come back and that he forgot something so I turn back around and re approach their table and ask "what else could I get for you tonight?"

He responds with "well I just asked you to come back so I could watch you walk away again but a piece of th- but before he could finish his sentence Aris appears in front of me and lifts the man out of his seat.

Aris is holding the man by the front of his shirt and is quietly whispering to the man something. I can't hear what he says but the man's face turns white and he looks terrified. Aris lets him go and he practically trips over himself running for the door.

"What did you say to him?"

"Why? it's not like you would repeat it to anyone."

"Okay! Attitude."

"Yeah attitude!" People turn their heads to look at the scene he's causing so he pulls me into his office. "I told you to meet me here over an hour ago!"

"Okay well by the time I got over whatever the hell that went down in that dressing room, it was time for me to get to work!"

"No, I told you... to come here... I am your boss now. You listen to orders... from me... and me only. Got that?" He questions as he backs me into the door until it's shut.

His stupid intoxicating scent invades me and it's like a cloud forms around my brain. I can't think properly and breathe at the same time.

"Do you... understand angel?"

"Y- ye... yes"

"Say it."

My legs start shaking and he moves closer to hold me up.

"I- I under..stand, yes"

"Good."

He doesn't back away. He stands there in my personal space and waits. For what? I had no clue so I asked him "what are you doing?"

"What do you mean?"

With an annoyed sigh I respond "why are you still on top of me?"

"Because i'm comfortable... do you not agree?"

He is really warm and he smells so good like woods, tobacco, spicy, nutmeg, and smells warm. No, he is warm. Really warm in contrast to this freezing building and my freezing skin. But I can't stay here. "I have to go back to work."

"That wasn't the question, love."

Oh the nicknames. I can't stand them. I can't stand them because I love them. "Yes." Damn it.

"In that case, you're not going back to work. You're staying up here with me."

"But I needed the money from to-

"I will pay you five thousand if you stay here with me."

"Okay fine." I go to sit on the couch and he goes with me, sitting on the same cushion when there's two more right next to us.

I curl up in the corner and get comfortable since I'm probably going to be here a while. But just as I feel myself getting tired he lifts me and puts my body in his lap and I don't fight it. I just fell asleep with my head in the nook of his shoulder.