Ch. 19: Because

Stefan, Damon, Elena and I were standing in the living room at home, talking about how we were going to get Caroline under lock and key so we could finally get her humanity turned back on.

"First step, convince her that my humanity is still off," Stefan told us. "I'll tell her that my run-in with our mother had no effect on me, and I want to keep the party going."

"Ah, look at that," Damon told us in amusement. "Saint Stefan has a plan. Let me guess. Whoever's holding the kitten gets to talk about their feelings?"

"Torture her until she breaks," Stefan told us.

I smiled, impressed. "Sold!"

"So, do I need to remind you three that the last time Caroline thought that we were trying to flip her switch, she went on a killing spree?" Elena asked.

"Well, she's not gonna find out this time," Stefan told us.

We looked at Stefan curiously.

Stefan picked up the phone to dial a number.

******

I looked Damon and Elena. "See? He'll be convincing."

Elena looked at Stefan. "Fine. Say she believes you. How do you know she's gonna even want to see you again?"

Damon smirked. "Oh, she'll want to see him."

"Damon," Stefan told him, slightly embarrassed. "Shut up."

"I mean, it's a bit of a tricky bet for you, isn't it, brother?" Damon asked. "She's gonna expect a lot."

I smiled.

"Okay, what am I missing here?" Elena asked.

"Nothing," Stefan told her quickly.

Elena gasped in realization. "Hang on a second. Did you and Caroline—"

I was so amused, dancing by swinging my arm around, rocking my hips. "Do it?" I popped the 'p' on the next word. "Yep!"

"Oh," Elena said in shock. "This was after she flipped..." She noticed Stefan's look of total humiliation, stopping herself. "Never mind."

"It's not exactly how I wanted things to go down, but I can't change it now, so can we just drop it?" Stefan asked.

"Okay," I told him. "Sore subject. Understood. So, what do we do once you earn her trust?"

"We drain her of her blood, make her weak, and then bombard her with everything she used to care about," Stefan answered. "Memories of who she was, her friendships, her mom." He looked at Elena. "Did you bring it?"

"Yes," Elena answered, pulling out an envelope from her bag, handing it over to Stefan.

"What is that?" Damon asked.

"Caroline got rid of everything from her former life," Elena explained. "Her mom had sent this letter, intending for it to arrive after she died, which it did, but Caroline had already flipped her switch."

"It could work," Stefan told us.

"Sure," I told him. "Unless she wants sexy-Stefan-time instead of an assault on Memory Lane."

Stefan was determined. "I'm not gonna let that happen."

******

While Stefan, Damon and Elena were handling Caroline, I went to Whitmore to talk to Bonnie about the vampire family that my mom wanted out of the prison world, who just so happened to have the same magic sucking power that Kai did, so that meant even while they were vampires, they had an endless supply of magic to suck dry, which made them vampire-witches, having coffee as an ice breaker.