Ch. 4: Black Hole Sun

Flashback - Mystic Falls - Salvatore Boarding House - 1994 

Stefan and Zach had searched through every Kaylin Salvatore in the yellow pages until they found the right one. 

They wanted to have a little family reunion. 

I saw the front door open, looking at Damon, Zach and Stefan inside. 

Damon turned to look at me in complete shock. "Kaylin."

"Hello, brother," I told him.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Damon asked.

"Oh, so you're the only one who can ask for a do-over?" I asked.

"You're not the one who asked for the do-over," Stefan told me. He looked at Damon. "Since you called, I started to track her down and asked her to come. I figured that this could be a new Salvatore era." Damon nodded, satisfied. Stefan looked at Zach, nodding to me. "Go on."

"Come on in, Kaylin," Zach told me.

I smiled, taking a step inside. "Thanks." 

"You guys ready to start over?" Stefan asked. 

"Hell, yeah," I answered.

Stefan closed the front door. 

******

Outside, Damon, Stefan and I were standing next to Damon's blue Camaro, shining it with rags, polishing it. 

I was bored, looking around.

Stefan was drinking from a flask.

Damon walked over to him. "Can I have a sip of that? I'm starving."

Stefan smirked. "Sure."

Stefan handed him the flask.

Damon took it. "Whew."

Damon unscrewed the cap, taking a drink.

"Mm," Stefan hummed smugly. Damon pulled the flask from his mouth quickly, going pale. He looked down at it in disgust, his mouth still closed. "It's good, right?" 

I looked at them in confusion. 

Damon made a face, shaking his head, holding the blood in his mouth even though it was disgusting, his lips contorted. "Mm-mm."

I looked at Stefan. "Did you give him Bambi blood?" 

"Oh, yeah," Stefan answered. I smirked. "I can't remember if that squirrel was roadkill, or one I caught in the rat trap." Damon shook his head, narrowing his eyes, revolted. "Better hope it was roadkill, though, because the rat trap was full of rat droppings."

I had to keep from laughing.

Damon continued to grow pale, disgusted.

I rubbed my fingers and thumb together teasingly. "Swish your tongue around. Does it feel like hair, or is it more of a grainy pellet?" 

Damon finally managed to swallow it. "Ugh."

Damon looked relieved to be done with it.

I chuckled.

Stefan took the flask, holding it toward me. "Want some?"

I shook my head. "No, thank you."

Stefan smirked, taking a drink.