Chapter 67

Early on the eve of Halloween, Lily sits down in the common room, her head buried in a book

Early on the eve of Halloween, Lily sits down in the common room, her head buried in a book. Her last day being sixteen and she has never wanted to stop growing up more than she has wanted than she is now. But, to avoid the thought of her turning of age the next day, and with her birthday being on Monday, she's slightly happy because it means that she doesn't need to worry about any parties being thrown, especially with the fact that the champions will be drawn during the evening of her birthday. But after a while, she closes the book before walking out of the common room and down to the Great Hall for some breakfast.

***

With it being Sunday, the first Hogsmede trip takes place, just before the arrival of the other schools and the Triwizard Tournament champions choosing. So, Lily wanders around Hogsmede, Fred, George, Lee and Angelina by her side. "So, I was thinking, how about we skip school tomorrow and just sneak into Hogsmeade to celebrate your birthday? We'll get back to school just in time for the champion choosing and no one would be none the wiser," Angelina suggests, gripping Lily's arm.

"Angelina Johnson. I can't believe you have suggested that," Fred says, slightly shocked.

"Oh come on. I know you were going to suggest it anyway," Angelina says, complaining slightly.

"Actually, I was just hoping to have a quiet birthday. I don't feel like celebrating, especially with the fact that champions are being chosen tomorrow as well," Lily says.

"Oh come on. You say this every year. Can't we just make a big deal about it tomorrow morning?" Angelina asks making Lily groan, knowing that they weren't going to give up.

"Fine. But I swear to merlin, if any of you start annoying me tomorrow, we're stopping," Lily says, looking around at the group before they all nod their heads, smiles starting to form on their faces.

"And maybe, Fred will give you a little kiss," Angelina whispers to Lily, making her turn to her friend.

"ANGELINA!" Lily screeches. Angelina quickly lets go of Lily's arm before beginning to run away, chasing after Angelina.

 Angelina quickly lets go of Lily's arm before beginning to run away, chasing after Angelina

"Okay. How aren't you two dating yet?" Lee asks Fred.

"I...I don't know," Fred says.

"Well, you had better hurry and ask her."