CHAPTER - ELIAS

It feels like ages since I called him

It feels like ages since I called him. I wish I had known more about my family and helped him to find the information. The last time I talked to him, he seemed stressed and in a bit of a hurry. Hoping he would be okay; I stared at the tall buildings and People walked if they owned this place and nobody would look at each other. That’s how you know that you’re in a city. I lived in a small town and people were more modest and simpler.
In no time, sleep caught up to me and the next thing I remember is someone tapping on my shoulder. I frowned at the furious taping but finally opened my eyes to see a frustrated man sitting away from me. I notice the way he keeps his distance and his angry eyes judging me for the way I slept.

“Where are we?” trying to ignore the sleepiness, I focus on the building in front of me. A big building with glass windows at the top. It had a minimum of thirty floors. I could only assume that rich people would only want to be in rich places and drive in classy cars. If I were one of them, maybe I would have done the same thing.

“We are at a hotel in case you can’t read. This is the place where we are going to meet him.” His annoying voice brought my focus to him. Sometimes, I wonder if being nice would hurt him in any way. I scoffed and opened the door as he opened his and told his driver to get the bags.

The walk to the hotel room was too long. We were just taking turns more and more, this hotel is so much bigger than I thought. The corridors and the floors were confusing and it's almost surprising how he knew all the directions. Maybe it was not his first time. Fergus doesn’t let go of my arm until we reach outside his room.

He lets go of my arm and takes the keys out to open the door. One thing I have noticed about Fergus is that he doesn’t talk much. He’s always silent but I must remember how dangerous he is and he could be planning to get me killed. I shouldn’t trust him and more importantly, I shouldn’t confide in him.

“Where's my room?” I ask him when he opens the door and goes inside while taking the bags with him. I didn’t even notice his driver leaving the bags here. I don’t dare to go inside, how can I just be in one room with a guy I barely knew? I stood right outside with my arms crossed with a frown as I stared at him to get a reply from him.

“I don't know what to do with you. Of course, you’re staying in this room and don’t even try to argue with me. I hope you know who you are working for.”

“But I barely know you. How am I supposed to be in the same room with a guy who is probably planning to blow this place up?” he looks at me weirdly as if I had grown four feet instead of two. I give him a look which he thankfully comes back to reality and stretches his shoulders.

“Don’t forget that I'm the one in control and you're not free. You're staying here so that I can keep an eye on you. You may not know me but I know you and youre not so dumb than you look.” All the humor left and the atmosphere suddenly shifted back to weird coldness. He was back to his violent self.

I knew I couldn’t fight against him for too long because I don’t want to kill myself during the deadly  mission he just gave me. I may seem over dramatic but what if the innocent guy tells the police that I'm connected to the gangs? I wouldn’t be able to find my parents and my brother.

I sighed and went inside the room, hoping that he would get so annoyed by me that he would just go to another room and sleep there. Unfortunately that doesn’t happen, he immediately leaves in a hurry but before taking his leave, he reminds me that he has people watching me so I can't go outside of this room. I see a vase beside me on a cabinet, trying to get rid of my intrusive thoughts but I just want to smash his head with this vase.

It's been three hours since he has been gone and I have done everything, from introducing myself to planning to call my friend in the middle of the night when Fergus will sleep. I hope he sleeps otherwise he wouldn’t be a human.

I play with a pen, throwing it in the air and catching it when I hear some loud bangs outside. It didn’t sound like gunshots but it sounded like someone was banging the door. For every passing minute, the bangs kept getting louder as if the person was banging at every door.

Finally, he stood right in front of the door and started banging. I would have not opened the door at all but when I heard his voice, I had to see if he really came.
“Ronnie, open the door.” I opened the door to find my closest friend excited to see me but what I saw was a skinny man with a bloody face and hands.

“Elias, oh my god, what happened to you?” but before he could answer anything, he collapsed on me, leaving me confused and panicked.
Why is he here?
...........................................................
Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and share.