CHAPTER - HIS BROTHER

The amount of discomfort I was feeling while sitting next to the man who is considerably thinking about killing my parents

The amount of discomfort I was feeling while sitting next to the man who is considerably thinking about killing my parents. even though i haven't confronted him, it was obvious because he wants revenge and he would go after the people who captured her which includes them.

Theo and Morris were right behind us followed by his men in different cars. Fergus kept looking at the text that Remy sent and he was restless. I felt bad for him but who am I to feel for him when my own brother was stuck in this whole gang situation.

As the big gates opened , I was mesmerized by the place. this was just not his main quarters, it's a whole empire. There were men outside standing and all of them had a similar emotion on their faces. it was undeniably the respect for him. I hated the fact that Morris was right. I was underestimating Fergus based on his power and his authority. He may have been a normal person to me but he was also the cruelest man I ever came across.

The mansion was tall and it didn't just give royalty vibes but also cold vibes too. there were no words to describe it except to feel it. The whole view was enough to understand that there were some terrible things that happened inside of that mansion.

When I heard some shuffling beside me, I snapped out of the trance and looked at the jewelery sitting in the space between us. I threw a questioning glance at him while he ushered me to pick it up and wear it.

"What's this for? this is the strangest way to apologize for plotting against my parents.'' My sarcasm can bring the worst in me. He scoffed at my bitchy attitude while I rolled my eyes.

"Quit dreaming, there is a location device hidden in that necklace and in case you ever get isolated, you press the small red jewel and wait for us to find you. And I would never apologize to anyone, especially to the daughter of the family who kidnaps my baby sister."

It shouldn't have hurt for the words he uttered and I will never forgive them for doing such things. I wish things were different. I didn't want him to hurt my parents because I wanted them to suffer in jail. Even in my wildest dreams, I would never want to see them dead. Not saying anything further, I unclasped the lock and hung it over my neck. I clasped it back and I could feel him staring the whole time but I did not spare him another glance, not even when we got out of the car or when we went inside the mansion.

I wasn't scared now, I was beyond frustrated. Theo walked with me while Morris and Fergus walked ahead of us. all the guards were welcoming the owner and i noticed something was different with these people. their eyes held different stories and i wish i had the telepathy power to know each and every one of them.

"where did you get that necklace?'' Theo asks as his stare remains stoic on the beautiful object on my neck. It was weird to feel that he knew something that I didn't. I smiled reassuringly at him, trying to break the tension while he just grabbed the jewel and analysed it.

"Fergus did, it's for my protection. If I ever get lost, then I can just press this for help." that didn't convince him a bit, it only made it worse for him. I have never seen Theo angry but the cold look that he had was terrifying me.

I wanted to ask him whether he knew something when I heard some grunting ahead of us. i could only see the stiff shoulders of Fergus and Morris standing a bit in front of Fergus in a protective manner. Theo groans as he realizes what was going on . I hear "are you kidding me?" from Theo and to look beyond those two tall men, i move away from them and step forward to meet a stranger .

"Brother, you have finally remembered me!! and who is this additional member ?" his gaze turned to my side and frankly I was frozen on the spot. Fergus told me that he was dead. I looked at Fergus who was already staring at me. Why did he lie? Fergus lying to me was something I would ever expect, he was straightforward or that's what I thought.

My heart sank when he broke his stare and glared at his brother again. his brother walks ahead towards me and stands before me, taking my hand in his and kissing the back of my hand with a smirk.

"What is an innocent woman like you doing here?" I wanted to yell at him and say that I wasn't innocent. trust me, I have been stuck in this mess for too long.

"Michael, leave her alone. she's not a threat and before you play any game with her, she's an important asset for us.'' I see Michael realizing and dropping my hand just like how my heart dropped again at the words of Fergus. it was clear that he saw me as an asset and nothing more to get his vengeance .

I refused to look back at the stares that were thrown at me. I could feel all of them were just feeling pity for me. I was taught better than this, I would never keep my head down because of some mere people who don't even see me as a human being. I kept my head up and remained emotionless.

"I would love to listen to your lovely terrible plan and your death wish but I have other plans now." Michael exclaims with his stupid mocking smile and takes his leave. While he goes , he continues to speak but doesn't turn to look at us again.

"Oh, She's here. Good luck with her."