CHAPTER - DEJA VU

It's been an hour since we sat down and everything was just silent which gave me déjà vu when I learnt that Fergus is the new leader of the Vulture gang except now I'm not alone, three of us were not talking and I'm going to fall asleep if nobody ...

It's been an hour since we sat down and everything was just silent which gave me déjà vu when I learnt that Fergus is the new leader of the Vulture gang except now I'm not alone, three of us were not talking and I'm going to fall asleep if nobody talks in the next minute. Elias is currently looking at the wall in front of him blankly and Fergus is typing something in his phone and sometimes they both talk in hushed tones, making sure I don't listen.

I know Elias is mad at me for not telling what has been going on in my life but I have to figure out one thing that kept bugging me. What if the people I'm going to meet are with Remy and are plotting against Fergus? What if Antonio was actually working with Remy and betrayed Fergus?

All the questions are surrounded by reality and everything just seems foggy. Someone opens the door and Fergus goes out. What intrigues me the most is that the guy used sign language to communicate with him, I remember him talking to Fergus outside the hotel. These people were just too secretive and mysterious. It will take decades to understand them.

"Why didn't you tell me that you were in danger?" Elias speaks out, almost ending the long-lasting silence and I was too astounded to answer him back. I had to tell him the truth.

"I needed money and information about my parents' whereabouts. I knew what I was doing, I knew what I was doing would get me in trouble. Zach is alive. He's somewhere but all I know is this gang will lead me to him."

I lost all the hope when the police said they found a body at the back of the garage. The body was burnt and nobody could recognise him. It took me months to finally accept that my baby brother was gone. The night when Fergus talked to someone on the phone, he mentioned Zach and that's how I knew that my brother was alive.

Elias looks at me surprised and asks curiously, "How do you know that? Ronnie, you know he's no more. You saw his bracelet and there was so much evidence that it's impossible to think he's somewhere alive."

"I don't care what the evidence tells, I know my brother is alive. I heard Fergus talking to him and I know it because he called him Zach. If you don't believe me, give me a few days, I will make sure you see the evidence." I stood up, flared up about how he would think my brother is no more.

Elias sighs and shakes his head while holding the white towel which was now red to his stomach. He needs medicine. I tell him to get some sleep while I leave the room and try to find Fergus.

The red exquisite walls followed by majestic staircases intimidated me and made me feel small and alone in this new place. Even though people were gushing about how expensive their jewelery was and how their business was booming, I was looking for a person with his silent and angry eyes.

In the midst of all the chatter, he stood there talking to a certain someone. I noticed how his back was tense and his hands were clenching hard but he was smiling and laughing like a normal person would. It surprises me that a person who killed people could smile so heartfully. I didn't know if I should interrupt or not so I stood far away from them. Elias was not at all feeling better and he needs medical attention as soon as possible.

The other man was not so young, he looked older than Fergus. His arm was hanging off Fergus' shoulders. They were busy talking when suddenly he saw me. He said something to Fergus which made him look in my direction. Fergus motions me to come over and I almost trip on the way.

I greeted the other man while silently signalling Fergus that Elias needs help but he decides to ignore my eye contact and proceeds to speak to him.

"Antonio, meet Ronnie Griffith, a family friend's daughter." Oh no, he's here already!! Antonio takes his shades off and that's when I notice his left eye was very different from the right one. The left eye was grey while the right one was amber brown.

"How come you never told me about her?" he asks Fergus while staring at me, analysing me from head to toe. Fergus waves it off and says,

"Our families aren't that close and she came here for a business deal which is a big deal for her company." Antonio hums and still stares at me. He didn't believe whatever Fergus said but later on they went back to talking.

I tried to keep up with them but they were talking about things that were out of my mind. All the time I kept wondering why Fergus asked me to meet Antonio. But soon I understood why, Fergus looked at Antonio' hand which was twirling, signalling a guy behind me.

The guy looked like an ordinary man except he had a silver ring which was similar to the one that Antonio was wearing. He moves from his position and slowly makes his way to the lobby. I looked at Fergus one last time for confirmation and he blinked slowly letting me know that I have to follow this man.

I excused myself and went to the back door to catch that guy. There's no reason to go to the lobby right now especially when the bartender was calling out to him to have the drink he just ordered. I searched for him everywhere but there was no sign of him anywhere. Could he leave this place so early? No, he has to be somewhere.

Curious as to why there were crumbs of dust falling on me, I looked up to see the same guy climbing. Considering how effortlessly he was climbing, I wanted to tell Fergus but there was no time when I realized which room he was trying to barge in.

How stupid could I be? I left Elias all alone but it's confusing how he knew about Elias in the room. I have to protect him no matter what and that's when I run. This time, I didn't run from the problems like earlier but ran towards my fears that were just about to give me a lifetime of nightmares. Deja vu hit me like a truck as I run for his life like I ran to believe that my brother was not dead. This time, I was going to witness a murder. 

.................................................................................................

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and share.