CHAPTER - THE BACKSTABBER

Some shuffling noises behind me followed by a thud on the floor yet I didn't turn around to look at what he was doing

Some shuffling noises behind me followed by a thud on the floor yet I didn't turn around to look at what he was doing. After this encounter with him, I realized nobody is a saint here and gathered my emotions, picked up my mess and stood up from the ground. All I could do was turn away from the scene and face the wall. I inhaled and exhaled to calm my racing heart while he was cleaning the blood on him. The running faucet stopped and I heard him walking and talking on his phone.

"Come alone and dump him somewhere outside this city. Find out the location of the other three men, I have to get rid of them as soon as possible." That made me turn around and look at him in disbelief. Is he going to kill them too?

Elias looked like himself now that he cleaned up a bit. The reality sinks in and I come to a conclusion that I never really knew him. He was talking as if he knew exactly what was going on and it made me question my thoughts.

"Are you....." I ask him but he stops me in the middle and says,

"Yes, I'm in a gang. I had no choice and in order to get your parents' location, I need to be a part of the underworld. These matters are confidential, there are no laws in this world. I was just trying to protect you and that's why I didn't tell you this." He looked at me with no emotions but I knew better than that. He was hiding his fear and regret.

He wouldn't have done this for the sake of my family. There has to be another reason why he joined a gang. I wanted to ask him a lot of questions but he beat me to it saying,

"Look, I don't have much time, I have to get out of here before anybody else comes here to kill me. Call me after you get out of here. Now that you're with Fergus, people will target you and try to kill you. Always be with Fergus and never get out of his sight. Right now, he is the only person who will protect you."

I find that hard to believe and before I could question him, he speaks in a cautious tone, "Do not trust anyone who speaks against Fergus." And walks up to the balcony. I wasn't surprised when he jumped off the balcony. Being in a gang has its perks, you can almost do anything that you have always wanted. Elias had a fear of heights and now that he could jump from such heights without any hesitation made me realize how little I know about him now.

I looked from the spot where he jumped and saw he was walking away from the hotel while fixing his attire.

I didn't quite feel safe anymore. Everybody is against Fergus and that makes me an easy target. No matter how careful I am, they will find a way to get to me. I dread how I'm going to become a tool for these people to get what they want. If only, I knew the answers for all my unanswered questions. A dead silence follows me as I look back at the guy who tried to kill Elias. From out of nowhere, a deadly scream followed by multiple scared screams echoed outside. I was quick to move out of the room and head downstairs where there was actually nobody but a group of men and a certain two people staring at each other with hatred. One had betrayal while the other bravely showed his ego and selfishness.

I quietly stood behind a pillar and nobody would even notice me as they all had their attention on one person, Fergus. Both of them pointed their guns at each other and their men raised their guns and aimed at them. I could just leave this hotel and never look back but Fergus is the only person I can trust. He never once lied to me or played me around. I took a look at the surroundings and noticed that there were broken plates scattered everywhere and the cutlery was thrown onto the floor. I see a pool of blood of a member on the floor. The sight alone made me weak and nauseous, I wonder if one of them shot this man which caused this whole incident. Did Elias leave because he knew this was going to happen?

I had a plan if anything goes wrong and it might help Fergus to escape from there but I don't think he wants to escape. I once again look around if anyone has noticed me and try to move out of there but Fergus speaks in so much anger that I was sure he was going to kill Antonio at any moment.

"Surrender it to me. you know it was never yours. Give it to me before another man of your side falls dead." Antonio laughs and his eyes mock Fergus for what he said.

Antonio clutches the trigger tightly as he loudly exclaims, " Look what she did to you brother, she made you weak. You let her in and you knew what she was but you didn't care. You even prepared to kill me for her. We decided to work together and get what we have always wanted but what did you do? You messed up the whole contract for her. You are insane if you even think for a second that I would betray you."

"Stop trying to manipulate me, It's not going to work on me like in the past. I'm not doing this for her, I never did. I know what you did behind my back. I treated you like family but you were just like them. At least my parents were real and didn't bother to fake while you played with my mind over and over again till I couldn't function for weeks. You treated me like a slave when I treated as you my brother that I  never had, when I was all alone in my territory. This insanity of yours stops today. No more playing twisted games with me." Fergus says with so much emotion in his voice. Antonio was the one who killed his family. The pain he must have gone through is something I can never imagine.

"Try finding it, Fergus but I will never surrender to you even if death is the only option for me." Antonio smirks and further says, " Maybe you will find it in their graves." That was the last thing Fergus expected as he became void of emotions and I knew I just had to do something.

...............................................................................................

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and share.