The Magical Twins

"Mom, Dad, Freyr, Freyja! You guys are finally home! How's it, how's it?"

I quickly welcomed the carriage that I knew so well--it was the carriage containing my parents and my little siblings.

Today was such a special day that I felt so compelled to jump to the front door to welcome them.

"Haha, Lyra, slow down. Let's come inside first and we will tell you how's today," Mom chuckled looking at my impatience.

"Now now, Lyra. For some reason, I feel like you're becoming more child-like after you've become a big sister instead of becoming more mature, haha. But I guess for Lyra's case, it's different... In a good way," Dad said as he suddenly snatched me from the ground--I suddenly found myself being carried in his arms!

I looked at the others' reactions and when I locked eyes with the twins... I felt so embarrassed I turned my head around and buried it in my dad's embrace!!

"Daddy, put me down!" I said with a pleading voice. It's said that for an overdoting parent like my dad, this kind of "cute daughter pleading" act will make it possible for him to do what I ask for!

But I could feel slightly hot in my face.

I-I... Am I blushing?!

Must be the embarrassment for being treated like this in front of my little siblings...!

"Well, you're right, Cyan. For our Lyra, this is categorized as an improvement, I guess? At least to us, it is," Mom happily smiled in response to Dad's words just now...

Eh wait, what did Dad say just now?!

"What is it?" I quickly turned around again to look at Mom. However, she didn't give me any clue and only smiled meaningfully.

"Haha, don't mind it too much, Lyra. Now, now, let's go inside," Dad said as he prepared to step forward with me still in his arms.

At that time, I noticed Freyr and Freyja's intense stare at me and Dad.

Luckily, being a spy, Dad also noticed the twins' stare and...

"W-what's the matter?" He somehow became nervous and asked the twins.

It couldn't be helped, after all the twins had this stare that could guilt-trip you into something you weren't even sure of... Although their stare was calm...

"Carry me, too!" Freyja raised her hands up.

"...," Freyr didn't make any sound but he raised his hands as well.

"Uhm... That's...," Dad was at a loss of words.

Nice, Freyr and Freyja! Now I will be free from this embarrassing position, being stared at by my younger siblings from below...

"It's big sister's turn now, she's rarely being held like this, remember? Can you two wait for your turns later?" Mom unexpectedly came up with a nice answer!

"Oh... Right," Freyja didn't insist and lowered her hands obediently.

Meanwhile, Freyr nodded.

E-eeeh?! I have to bear with this embarrassment for a longer time?

Just as I felt my face growing hotter and becoming weirder again, I looked up and saw my Dad smiling so happily. Then, there was Mom who smiled happily as well.

T-this... I-it can't be helped, then! I'll just bear with it for now! It's not like... It's not like I feel it's so nice being like this... Okay?

I resigned my fate completely in my father's arms as I rested my head against his chest.