The Hartman Family's Big Events (1)

After having fun at the twins' and Leti's birthday parties, it was time to face reali—not really, more fun arrived after that. Not much was going on in my peaceful every day, only exams and training were there.

But it was fun! I meant, the training, not the exams.

I was more used to non-Spraec chants or even chantless spells because I couldn't be bothered with remembering all the Spraec words... I guess I gotta thank the god who reincarnated me, I suppose the god knew me so well that I was given this ability...?

As for the transformation, I was happy to announce that I could transform into a cat just fine. The duration that I could maintain my transformation also improved. Not to mention the illusion arts~

Time passed so quickly just like that and my 10th birthday arrived. I was more or less used to this anxiety I had during my birthday party.

It was even safe to say that I was in a state of constant nervousness during my birthday celebration, haha!

Of course, I saw my past family again and communicated with them during my 10th birthday party, too. And when I was feeling that my head grew heavier (the sensation that happened whenever I heard my previous mother's critics), I was saved from that uneasy feelings thanks to my current family.

Perhaps they could somehow notice that I was feeling uneasy, so they intervened. Even the youngest members of our family pulled my hands and gave weird excuses whenever I got too carried away with the situation.

"Lyra-neechan, can you accompany me to get some of the food?" Freyja asked.

"...Eh?" I was dumbfounded when I first heard her excuse—I meant, she could have asked Mom, Dad, or even Alt-nii—anyone that was not doing anything notable at that time, if Freyja had difficulty taking it herself.

"My, my, little girl. I see that you're still very young, so let Auntie tell you that you shouldn't interrupt your sister like that when she's in the middle of greeting the other nobles. It's not that polite. You should learn more. And you, Lyra, you should try to teach your little sister better."

"...You're right, Dahlia-san. I will definitely do that," I quickly answered.

"Good."

And that managed to end our conversation. However, that made me unable to ask more questions about the Grabberton family. Well... maybe next time?

On the other hand, perhaps thanks to communicating with Ein that often, I've gotten used to Nicole and Clyde quite a lot that I managed to ease up in front of them.

So, one less burden for me during my birthday party, yay?

As per usual, the betrothal issue was always brought up during my birthday party.

...Honestly, I'm getting bored of this betrothal thingy, I could actually yawn if I didn't have to maintain my image.

I tried to maintain my friendly expression while listening to the nobles speaking to my parents.

"Say, are you sure about not betrothing her to anyone yet? What about betrothing her to a good family and a good man to secure her future?"

"My daughter's life is none of your concern. I won't hand her over yet."

"Valkyane-sama, there's no need to be so defensive. We're saying this out of concern for your daughter..."

...Yeah, fake concern, I guess?

All you have in mind when you came up to my parents is how beneficial it would be to have a duke's daughter marry into your family—or relatives.

"Ssh, what are you talking about?! Ah, Valkyane-sama, forgive this insolent friend of mine. He doesn't know what he's talking about," Another noble approached his friend who was offering a betrothal.

"It's okay, as long as you understand now," Mom tried to give a polite smile.

"You're right. Forgive his rudeness... To think he'd dare offer an engagement to the fiancee of our crown prince...!"

...EXCUSE ME, WHAT?

Since when am I Luca's fiancee?

Wait, since when do I even have a fiance?

"No, listen, I think you get something wrong...," Mom was troubled over how she should explain it...

I guess everyone in the noble society's pretty much thought that I was going to be the future queen with how close I'm with Luca...

They don't understand the difference of a friendship and romance, it seems.

Sigh, they should have read more romance stories!

"Now, now, if any, Lyra-chan's fiance candidate would be our only son," Nicole suddenly chimed in the conversation...

Whoa, Dad, Dad, please stop your icy smile right there! The atmosphere's getting colder and heavier!!!

"Lyra is not getting married or engaged yet!!!" Dad strictly announced.

...It seems like this stuff about engagement is just getting worse year after year...

Oh well, at least I don't need to bother with it with the way it is right now...

Thus, I safely turned 10.

***

Then, the next big event that happened in the Hartmann family was Alt-nii's coming-of-age ceremony.

Alt-nii really had grown up to be a good person. Honestly, compared to when he was a child... He was much calmer now. Though he still had a bit of his mischievous side within~

It was like I was watching my own child grow up... ah, but he's my brother!! What's more, my older brother.

He grew much taller than before. However, I was proud to say that our height difference wasn't that huge. I guess I was still considered tall compared to children my age.

Slim, tall, and gorgeous body, here I come! My future is looking bright~

"Alt-nii, congratulations for your coming-of-age ceremony!"

When I congratulated my big brother, he gently smiled and patted my head.

"Thanks, li'l sis! Your onii-chan is considered an adult with this coming-of-age ceremony, so from now on, I'll be the one protecting you and the twins along with Mom and Dad. So, depend on me more, will you?"

Normally, Alt-nii would pat on my head too rough that my hair ended up becoming messy. It was one of his small mischievous behaviour.

However, it was only a gentle pat that felt... warm and calming.

Aaah, yes. Alt-nii is now 13. The same age as Reinst when she died—when I died in my previous lifetime.

Perhaps since I didn't feel like I grew much in terms of mental age maturity, I felt like Alt-nii was now going to walk together with me... from hereafter.

And it was comforting to know that.

"Congratulations, Alt. You're now officially considered as an adult. It's not going to be easy from now on, as the responsibility on your shoulders will be increased. However, know that we're all here for you," Dad said to Alt-nii.

"Thanks, Dad! I know that and I believe in the power of family~," Alt-nii tried to ease up the serious situation.

"Sigh... time sure flies, huh? Come here, son. No matter how old you get, you'll always be our baby son," Mom said as she took the initiative to hug Alt-nii.

"Mom, I'm not a child any—ah who cares, thanks, Mom. It's nice to know that I can show my child side to you. And... guess I won't be embarrassed in front of Lyra. She's been more mature than me when we were young, so yeah," Alt-nii didn't seem like he wanted to resist.

"For one, Lyra needs to learn more from you about things like this," Mom said as she glanced at me and showed her rare teasing smile.

"Uuu... noted!" I answered quickly.

"Now, Lyra, there's no need to be so serious, haha," Dad said as he patted my head.

It was right at this timing that the twins came barging after they were all done with their preparations.