11. First Night

• previously•

- Navi was crying while hugging Jin and the rest of them were sad to see her crying so much. They had about an hour of a drive ahead of them and Navi had already fallen asleep due to crying. They let her rest while everyone else is just talking or on their phone to pass time. -

• present •

(Jin's POV)

~ We were still in the car. I hate it when Navi cries and I know everyone else hates it too but she cries to let her pain out. We don't see her as a crybaby because it's different. Yash told us that ever since Navi was little she had a little difficulty showing her emotions but once we came into her life she started showing other emotions like being sad. ~

- 30 minutes later -

Jin: *lightly taps Navi's cheek* Baby, wake up. We are here.

Navi: *slowly opens her eyes and looks at Jin*

When she looked at me, her eyes were swollen and her nose & cheeks were red. We left the car and went towards the house. ~

Navi: Wait...*everyone turns towards her* this isn't the guest house. Weren't we supposed to go there?? *confused*

BTS: It's a surprise. Let's just go, we will explain later.

We walked up to the house to see eomma standing at the doorstep. ~

(Author's POV)

Nidhi: Welcome my children.

Jimin: Eomma, why are we not going in?? *confused*

Minjun: Because we have to do the Griha Pravesh Ceremony to welcome our daughter-in-law.

In this significant ceremony, a traditional Indian welcome is given to the new bride. She is asked to first push a jar/kalash filled with rice with her right toe to make her entry into the house. This ceremony signifies that the family of the groom has not only welcomed the bride into their house but has also accepted her as one of the integral members of their family. In some places in India, the bride is asked to tell the name of her husband at the entrance and then enters the home. -

Nidhi: Now, princess, go ahead and push the kalash with your right foot.

Navi smiles and pushes the kalash. Then they enter and go to the living room. -

Cousin2: Welcome to our family sinu-i (sister-in-law in Korean).

Navi: *smiles* Thank you.

Minjun: Ok the 8 of you will be staying here for the night and tomorrow night is our flight back to Korea. *hands their tickets*

Navi: sieomeoni (mother-in-law in Korean), what about my luggage?

Nidhi: Don't worry. Your luggage is already in your room.

Navi: Okk thank you. *looks at her husbands* Now will you explain whose house this is?

BTS: It's our house. *smiles*

Minjun: We got to know that your parents are shifting back here for work and so they decided to get a house here so you all will have a place to stay when visiting them as the guest house will be where your parents live with Priya and Janhvi's family.