Chapter Two

"Where were you yesterday?" a man said from the line said when she picked up the call, her sleepy self has registered that she picked up the call so she yawned then placed her phone beside her on the bed as she stretched.

She looked around the slightly familiar looking room and frowned. She remembered that she was so tired and stressed out yesterday after the numerous shopping she did the previous day then she came over to Patrick's dorm room where she cooked them something with his help and they talked before starting on their school project then they slept off.

She let out a sigh and yawned again then looked around the room for any sight of Patrick but didn't see him so she decides to get up and get prepared to leave for her dorm room.

Then it hit her that she was on a call earlier, immediately she grabbed her phone to check if the person was still on the line but the call had already being disconnected. So, she checked the recent caller to see Tomiwa's name there. A sigh and groan left her lips and she rest her face in her palm as she shook her head.

It was early morning and she isn't ready for his unnecessary drama and inquires but if she didn't call now and explain that she was just waking up after a long and tired night, then she would never hear the end of it.

She dialed his number and it rang for a few minutes but he didn't pick, she tried it again and again and again but still same then she made a mental note to call him when she gets to her dorm room so she stood up from the bed and went out of the room to look for Patrick.

A nice and delicious aroma was coming from the kitchen and it brought a smile on her face as she continued her way to the kitchen and just as she suspected, she saw Patrick with his back to her, mixing something.

"I would never have to worry about waking up hungry if I have you around" she comments as she walked up to him.

Patrick looked back from what he was doing and let out a chuckle as he put in a plate freshly fried eggs then two pancakes followed, he passed her a plate of croissant so that she can start eating.

"How was your night?" he asked and she yawned then took a fork and began with the pancakes.

"This is delicious Patrick" she comments then took some more into her mouth and some eggs.

"Juice or tea?" he passed her both and she smiled then took them and made them some beverage tea.

"My night was great, thanks for asking... How about yours?" she asked him and he sighs then switched off the stove before putting the last pancakes he was cooking on a plate for himself.

"It was okay, thank you... at least I didn't get to dream about you stepping on my legs because I chose to give you some dance lesson" he comments.

Ife turned around and threw him a playful glare before turning back around to continue making them the tea. When she was done, she carried two cups and placed them on the counter for them both.

"That's yours," she said and he smiled then took a sip from his cup. "Thank you for teaching me how to dance... Thank you for everything" she said and he grinned at her.

"You're welcome Ife"

"You know, my dad use to teach me how to dance back home. When I was a little girl, he'll carry me in his arms and play a really cool and soothing song as he dances around the room with me" she said and chuckled.

"I would most of the time giggle as he tickles me lightly or when sleep in his arms... he'll hum and dance with me in his arms and when I wake up, it's because of my mum's loud voice that wakens me up and startle me" she smiled.

"Why did you need me to teach you how to dance, if your dad was there to teach you?" he asked her and she let out soft chuckles before answering.

"My mum" she shook her head then dropped her fork as she stares at her fingers then at her plate. "My mum do complain that my dad gives me so much attention and abandon my older sisters" she tells him and he frowns.