Chapter Five

Ife woke up feeling so happy and giddy.

Today was a good day and she couldn't wait to finish packing up and heading to the airport with Patrick so that they can take their flight back home for the short holiday they all had from school.

It was just for two weeks but it was more than enough for her because she and Tomiwa's anniversary is the next week and she has been so pumped for it. She made sure to pack up every gift items Patrick helped her with.

They were supposed to meet at the airport but Patrick said he will bring a cab to pick her up so they'll head straight to the airport from her place.

She and Tomiwa faced time as she prepared brunch for she and Patrick in case he hasn't eaten yet, he told her how excited he was that she was finally coming home today and she expressed her excitement also.

After she was done preparing the food and eating, she went ahead to complete her packing and get herself prepared for when he comes to pick her up.

Her phone rang and she dashed out the bathroom with a toothbrush in her mouth and her body cladded with a bathrobe. Her wet hair were flat twisted in four big parts and the water in them dripped on her robe.

She picked up the phone without checking the caller. "Hello?" she said to the phone and heard a sigh at the other end.

"Ife mi" an older man's voice sounded from the other end of the line which made her lips break into a smile.

"Daddy, e kaale sir" she greets him and she heard him chuckle which was followed by a fit of coughing. "Take it easy sir," she said.

Ife went to the bathroom to spit out the foam from the toothpaste so that she can speak properly to her dad.

"Ese my dear, how are you?"

"I am well dad, how are you? I thought you already treated this cough? Abi it came back?" she asked.

"The thing came back oo, I don't even understand again. Speaking of that, I wanted to ask something"

"Okay sir, what's that? Hope all is well?" she asked seeming worried.

"Everything is okay Ife, there's this medicine for cough and it was prescribed for me some days ago, I asked in the nearby pharmacy and they didn't have it. I was told it available on demand and wanted to ask if it's not a bother for you to buy me some?"

"Why would you think that it's a bother?"

"You know, today is the day you're coming home and I don't want to stress my princess" he told her.

"Haba, daddy. You aren't, I would be more stressed if I found out that I could have helped made it better but didn't." she told him and he chuckled lightly.

"Thank you my dear, you and Tomiwa already talked?" he asked.

"Yes, we even spoke this morning. Daddy he's changing, he really meant it and I believe him" she told her dad excitedly.

There was a pause on his end and she had to check if he was still on the line before speaking.

"Daddy, is everything okay?"

A sigh left his lips then he spoke "If you say so, then I believe" he told her.

"Why do you sound like that? You don't believe him?" a crease formed on her brows.

She know he had said some times that he would work on himself and she tried to convince her dad that he is the perfect man for her and just let him make amends of his mistakes and change as he had been saying but he never does so her dad probably don't trust him anymore.