Chapter Eight

"Where are you taking me to for CHRIST sake?" Ife asked with a giggle as she took little steps to where Tomiwa was leading her to.

"Shhh... we are almost there, just calm down my love" Tomiwa replied and led her inside a garden.

The garden was decorated in all red and white, giving it that romantic aura. The scented candles that creates a path to a dinner set for two, the petals that was scattered on the path, beautiful balloons that has 'One year of love' some of care and the other of kindness written on them.

The dinning table has a bottle of wine, two plates with cutlery placed by each sides, two flute glasses and a medium-sized bowl of ice cream.

When Ife saw the ice cream, she giggled, turned to look at him and wrapped her arms around his neck while she gave his cheeks numerous kisses.

"You just know me so well and I love it" she said when they leaned away from each other.

"I try my best" he shrugs.

"Well, your best is more that enough. Thank you" she turns to take in the beautiful environment they were standing in. She closed her eyes and let out a sigh "The feeling is superb, the setting is cool... makes me feel safe and good" she opened her eyes to look at him.

Tomiwa placed his hands on each of her hips then brought her closer to himself "You don't know how happy I am that you like this" he kissed her forehead then held on of her hands and led her to the dining table.  "Let our evening start" he said when he helped her with her chair.

"Thank you" she watched him take his seat, then pour them some wine and he raised his up in a toast.

"To, many years of goodness, enjoyment, happiness, love, respect and good doings" they clicked their glasses and drank from it.

A waiter came and handed them a menu each. Ife looked at her boyfriend impressively.

"What should we start with?" he asked.

...

"You look really great today" Tomiwa compliments when they alight from the taxi  in front of her house.

She smiles then stopped from walking to her front door to look at him.

"You looked good too" she tells him and he chuckles.

"I know I do" he boasts then rubs his bald head and winked.

"Show off" she turns and continued walking to her front door with a smile on her face.

"You don't like it any other way" he shrugs and she laughs.

"Yeah, whatever" they were now standing closer to her front door, facing each other with never ending grins on their face.

The love they shared for each other was emanating around them and that gave them comfort to be with each other.

"Thank you for today, I had fun and I was surprised with everything you pulled off" she went on her tiptoe and placed a kiss on his cheek "Happy one year, Tomiwa" she whispered in his ear.

Tomiwa's hand went around her in a warm hug.

"Happy one year baby. This will be good for both of us" he kissed her forehead and they let go of each other. "Don't let what your sisters did to you this morning make your mood go sad," he held her face when he saw the small pout on her lips "Remember who loves you and want to be with you" he said and the pout turned to a full grin.

"You always have the right words to say"

"I do, take care okay? I'll call when I get home" he pecked her cheek and turns to leave.