2. Hydrangea seeds

(non-canon, fluff, future!AU, tattoo-shop! AU, florist!AU, no quirk!AU )

It was autumn in Tokyo, the skies were darker and wrapped around each building like a foggy scarf. Maple trees lining the roads like fireworks of red, yellow and gold, their colour cast upon the pavements slick with rain, street-lamps shining through them.

Izuku Midoriya was sweatily gripping his phone, the fluorescence bringing forth his features and dulling his freckles, eyelashes swept by crisp pixels and the reflection of a map in his pretty green irises. He was following the blue dot, head bent down religiously to avoid the waning lanterns that dotted the canopies of shops like glass beads, swaying in the breeze like a friendly wave.

He checked the time, worried that each step was falling further behind his destination's inevitable closing time. He'd been so busy lately, trying to make his mom proud; his notebook company was taking off after business school, all that hard-work and late night dissertation planning had paid off- now kids were purchasing his planners and lined papers to bring to school.

His legacy was sprouting slowly, blossoming into the nostalgia he carried so dearly; he had loved school, every minute from the walk past the gates to the bell that rang for home time. An environment that'd cradled his genius mind and swathed him with boundless possibilities, branching into adulthood. He was grateful to be giving back.

Turning down the aptly named Burazāzu street, he finally looked up from his phone to have his breath stolen away.

It was a thin pedestrian road, lined with skinny apartments, a laundrette and drifter cafes radiating cosiness: people were typing away on laptops by the large glass windows, their drinks beside them while sleepy staff wiped down tables and tipped coffee beans into the chugging metal grinders.

Right there, opposite one another near the middle of the street, was what he'd come for. A slight nervousness clenched his heart, yet he taught it to be still as he stood outside. It was a dark green building with black lacquered windows, draped with hanging ivy.

Inside was a forest of leaves and flowers, chandeliers casting a yellow glow through the air. The sign, hand-painted with eloquent typography, read: The Oldest's Petal Emporium.

Taking a deep breath he entered the shop, a high-pitched bell tinkled above his head.

"Be with you in a minute!" A voice called out from the hallway tucked behind the counter, a staircase spiralled to the owner's living quarters. The apartment upstairs in which Izuku had seen a cat snoozing behind lace curtains.

Suddenly he found himself ambushed by a large plant with legs emerging from the hall.

"No way, am I seeing things?" The plant whispered in astonishment, and from behind a fat leaf popped out a craning head. The head had two red eyes that creased with a grin. The plant lost its legs to be gently dropped on the ground.

Before he could utter a word, Midoriya found himself engulfed by two strong arms, face pressed into their neck. The most wholesome laughter filled his ears like kindling to flame and his heart fluttered manically like a dancer in a music box. "Zuku! It's so lovely to see you! Gah, I've missed you so much!" M/n was jovial, swinging his childhood friend side to side like a giant teddy won at the carnival.

The older Bakugou released him and stood back, hands on his shoulders, to appreciate the presence of an angel in his humble shop.

His warm, crimson eyes looked over every pore with such interest. Izuku didn't feel worthy of being marvelled at, but that's just how M/n had always been- loving every person like they were his favourite portrait, evoking the purest emotion from his heart.