5. All mutts go to hell

requested by @/prttybitchess_

Inspired by 'I Know The End' by Phoebe Bridgers

(non-canon, war!AU, angst, hurt, Kurutta is herself)

Katsuki had never lost enough to mourn. Never had something ripped from his blistering palms, waved above his head, been taunted, teased or tricked. He was forever atop the dog pile, born with crown anointing his head.

Flowing behind his visage was the image of a king, stood proudly in robes, drowned in rubies and stones, his hometown bowing at his feet. Little boy feared on the streets turned into the tornado that shredded cities apart, a power unmatched, a cower inducing lightning rod, a messenger of torture.

He was all-mighty, and therefore had nothing to lose.

Time had moulded the youngest Bakugou in its hands, moving and adjusting his skin like soft wax, and revealed to the world a resentful boy. A mockery of peace, and mirroring him in exact form was his brother, the embodiment of indomitable spirit.

It seemed the one made in Katsuki's image was the universe's own form of revenge, allowing the stars to chuckle behind radiant hands at his grudge against this other beam of light.

Bakugou M/n was the world's own Golden Bough, the illegitimate taming of every quality that made human beings such fighters. He held everything and everyone dear, therefore causing him the consequence of having much to lose.

While his twin's weakness was hidden by hubris, M/n was transparent, the cracks from his heel forming Achille's greatest shame. As if he were a figurine, M/n's whole transparency could be viewed under harsh lighting, to try and shield his eyes from his truest failings, he was yet to be shown how easy it was to be broken.

Cast back to gentler times, Katsuki swayed like a bowling-pin on its axis as the large truck carried him and a few other kids to the war-zone. His penny-red eyes were strained, unblinking, as he stared past his meshed hands into a memory...

Turned eight years old, two little clones and their friend were playing in the local park, dusk settling in as the top of the sun's head barely peeked above the river. Wavy shimmers illuminated the play park and projected onto their warm skin, the boys so casually sporting fiery souls were coloured blue, and this seemed to douse their turbulent natures.

M/n was making himself dizzy on the roundabout, kicking his leg off the asphalt and gripping the orange poles for dear life. Gravity had hooked his ribs and was pulling his torso off the spinning wheel, yet he fought back with squeals and laughter, the churning speed turning his brain to mush.

A blond blur caught his attention, going round a few more times, streaks of red followed him like tail-lights, an almost neon essence to the blurring lines that whipped around his head like carnival comets Finally, the contraption was slowing down to an eventual stop, his foot stuttered upon the ground until the world became solid once more.

The red streaks materialised steadily behind M/n's wobbly vision to become Katsuki's glaring eyes.

"It's my turn on that. Get off before I throw you in the river." The youngest smirked, arms folded across his chest, sporting the matching vest their mother had dressed them in. They were at the age of wearing the same clothes and swapping identities for pranks.

Summertime had made the metal slippy, so M/n danced off and twirled, feeling his face pulled and caressed by the funny hands of dizziness. The universe cooed at him as his brother shoved him off, and Katsuki settled onto the roundabout. "Well? Push me then."

M/n giggled and set to making Katsuki spin so fast he threw up, but more importantly, he really wanted to make Katsuki's hands be plucked into the air, grabbed from reluctant firmness and tossed carefree, to see his small face be overtaken with a smile turning a hundred miles an hour. "Faster, faster!" M/n would do anything he asked, and he was fulfilled when Kat stumbled off into his twin's arms. The two collapsed into a fit of giggles.