03 ; Trouble in Paradise

CHPT. SUM. : multiple soulmate bonds are frowned upon and what do you discover but that exact phenomenon with the five people you've come to admire and enjoy the company of. suddenly, you're consumed by conflicting emotions and it's frustrating that you don't know why you feel the way you do.

LENGTH : 5.8k

G. : fluff ; angst ; there's gonna be a lot more angst here than usual ; soulmate!au ; prohero!bakusquad ; bakusquad!poly ; more lovey dovey moments ; bakugou loses his temper ; he still cares for you though ; kaminari loses his temper too ; mina keep your hands to yourself pls ; sero lets you wear his helmet ; sitting in kiri's lap on the regular ; bakugou being a tsun-tsun ; things will get better soon i promise

WARNINGS : subtle mature hints

━━━━━━ ·゚: *·゚:*:·゚*:·゚ ━━━━━━

Subconsciously, Bakugou, Kirishima, Mina, Sero and Kaminari had mutely integrated you into their relationship. You just brought a comfort and calm reassurance that all of them desperately craved, especially with their line of work. This led them into slowly becoming all the more negligent of keeping their multiple soulmate-ship a secret around you. There were many close calls with you finding them intimately embracing each other in Bakugou's agency but they were never too panicked from it. It was as if it felt natural for them to have you find out about their relationship in spite of being so cautious around others.

Having multiple soulmates wasn't unheard of, it was actually a far more frequent occurrence regardless of its illicit concept; many civilians tied the idea of soulmates with the number two and those that had multiple soulmates were frowned upon. Being public figures and pro heroes, they had to be very attentive with their actions when dealing with the media. The only people that they were open about their relationship with were other heroes that they trusted and, who had multiple partners themselves.

As a result of their carelessness around you, their deplorable romance naturally unveiled itself. It was unintentional but you had walked in on them cosying up in each other's arms inside Bakugou's office one day. It took you a moment to process as you had begun to deny the situation but the instant you locked eyes with each of them, you knew that they weren't just colleagues with a close friendship - they were soulmates. Not a word was said as you excused yourself, turning away from the scene and firmly shutting the door behind you. You made your way back to your desk and tried processed the situation.

A plethora of emotions raged on deep in your chest, with each trying to reign in the others and come out as the most governing one. Between the confusion, sadness, realisation, rejected and betrayal, you felt mostly disappointed, which only worked to introduce a new emotion, anger. You were angry. Angry that you couldn't bring reason to any of the feelings you were experiencing. This same crossness was what led you to looking away and avoiding the group altogether when they rushed out of the office in a panic and apologising to you for what you had seen them doing. But they had nothing to apologise for so why were they begging for your forgiveness? Kaminari and Kirishima even went so far as to kneel down before you as Sero attempted to caress your face lovingly - a habit he had developed around you.

"(Y/N), angel, I'm sorry you saw that, we can explain," Kaminari desperately reached for your hand and whined as soon as you moved it out of his reach, ignoring the pang of guilt you felt in your chest from the whimpering mess he quickly became. Kaminari, throughout knowing you, had become as clingy as he was with the others behind closed doors. He'd always manage to thread his fingers through yours while you led him to Bakugou's office or weave his arms around you from behind as you set about printing documents or used the fax machine. Not once had you rejected any of his advances because it oddly felt natural to you. This instance was the first time you ever rejected his touch and it shattered his heart.